Release Reels-Any Experience Here With Them?

Started by whalebreath, September 05, 2012, 03:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whalebreath

Doing a search on 'Release Reels' brings up everything but-does anyone have any experience with these Made in USA units?

http://releasereels.com/

Bryan Young

Interesting.  Would love to see one and take one apart for a review.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

it's a tough time to start a new business.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Panama

Never heard of them until now, so I looked it up.  I like the simplicity and how light they (might) be.  30 lbs of drag on the smallest model. WOW....
Don't care much for the 2 tone color but the red/silver looks good.  Cost seems a little high thought....Maybe is that my pockets are light lately...LOL!
BTW for $250 shouldn't it come with a knob?  :D
Hey Alan, contact them. They would probably agree to send you one for review, and let us know. Like Bryan said.........
Quote from: Bryan Young on September 05, 2012, 04:03:09 AM
Interesting.  Would love to see one and take one apart for a review.
Get on the water, Man!!!

alantani

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

LI Guy

I just clicked on the Large Game Reel. 40# of drag with a 6:1 gear ratio. My wrists and back hurt just thinking about it.

Nuvole

Nuvole

Quote from: Irish Jigger on September 06, 2012, 10:46:35 PM
Quote from: Nuvole on September 06, 2012, 10:34:33 PM
Where can I order one ;-)
www.releasereels.com

Emailed them, and they replied within an hour.
Good news is that they already have a distributor over my side of the pond  ;D ;D ;D

alantani

Release Reels

Hey guys!  We are excited to see so much interest in our reels!  I joined to help answer any questions you may have, and hopefully see some pictures of some monster fish!  The pictures of the gears and drag washers on here are from an old LG prototype, and have been greatly improved since then.  Let me know if you would like to see some pictures of the newer stuff.  We look forward to the feedback.  The cool display you see is from a dealer in Virginia, pretty sweet looking I think. 

Tight Lines,
Bill

Panama

Welcome Bill,
Nice reels.  Non out here in the "left" coast but I am sure their will be soon.  I am not working right now so money is funny (to say the least), still yet, this is going on the top of the xmas list!  Isn't Santa Claus a member here?..... :D
Once again, welcome to the best (fishing) house on the block!

Anthony
Get on the water, Man!!!

Nuvole

Bill,

If you would consider to add in some magnetic cast control on your smaller reels, I see that you will open another door for the surfcaster.

Cheer,

Arthur