4:1 SS gear set available on Ebay

Started by john2244, November 21, 2012, 12:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I also just received my set today. I was impressed! Rolling the gears between my fingers felt much smoother than Accurate, also, the teeth made full contact  wth eachother, the Accurate showed a little space. I don't know anything about the quality of the metal yet, until we take them fishing a few times. The dimention of the new main gear run .10mm smaller than the Accurate, at every points. The weight is also a little less, but we're talking small numbers. When placing both gears on the scale as a set, they're exactly the same.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

dobrobill

I need less reels and more shop equipment.... So I can get the specs first hand.... Alan has me looking for a vise.. Ha...

Cone

I recieved my gears today too. The ebay gears are in the center of these pics. The other gears are a 113h brass and a Penn 113h ss main and pinion gears.

Sorry for the blurry pic. My photo-fu is weak today. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

broadway

Still haven't received them yet? Ordered on 11/21 ???
Dom

Alto Mare

Hey Dom, I ordered mine on 11-20 and received them on Saturday, you will probably get yours by tomorrow.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

dobrobill

Took mine 3 days. USPS is an amazing group. Both of us on east coast, item on west and one takes so long. Like me ordering something from Tampa, Fl. It may take 12 days for a 3 hour ride... Yet from ca. I have recieved things in 1 day...   Yea buddy..what a group...

George4741

Well, he's back with another ten sets of gears for sale.  I'd like to know the story behind them.  Seems he has a reliable source.
viurem lliures o morirem

broadway

Not sure about reliable...Still no gears here! The tracking number I was given says it was in Bethpage LI since Nov. 27th ???
Dom

john2244

I ordered a few set for some friends and received them in a couple of days.  I sent him a message because I wanted to know if the gears were hardened and what the numbers were all about.  He responded saying the gears are not hardened and the numbers are a batch number.  He indicated he had 200 pieces available.  Not sure if that is 200 sets or 100 mains and 100 pinions.  I asked about the availability of other gears and he stated he would probably have 3.25:1 gears for a Penn 6/0 in the future.
John

Bryan Young

Quote from: broadway on December 05, 2012, 04:56:55 PM
Not sure about reliable...Still no gears here! The tracking number I was given says it was in Bethpage LI since Nov. 27th ???
Dom
Dom, you may want to call the post office on this one.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

I here ya Bry, but it's not my problem to deal with... it's his.  However, if I don't get them by Friday I will be giving the seller the option to send me a new one or I will cancel my payment with Paypal.
Thanks
Dom

coonhound

Looks like a good price as there is another set of gears on ebay that I've been watching that are now $66+ with 4 days left on the auction.  (I've never understood why you bid on something sooner than <1 min left in the auction...  ::) )

I have a set of old steel gears in my ebay 113h and I'm trying to decide if I want to pony up the $ for the SS gears.  I still need a SS sleeve, dogs, new drags, handle and frame  ;D  My wife asked why I needed to buy the old reel if I was just going to upgrade all of the parts. 

Keta

Quote from: coonhound on December 05, 2012, 06:05:48 PM
;D  My wife asked why I needed to buy the old reel if I was just going to upgrade all of the parts. 

Compare it to her fixing her self up and tell her you like the old one too much to get another.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on December 05, 2012, 06:16:03 PM
Quote from: coonhound on December 05, 2012, 06:05:48 PM
;D  My wife asked why I needed to buy the old reel if I was just going to upgrade all of the parts. 

Compare it to her fixing her self up and tell her you like the old one too much to get another.

That's a great one Lee
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

CH,
     The steel gears are fine with a generous slathering of grease (make sure you get between the teeth, too) as long as you open her up when you feel she needs some love.  The steel will rust and make a mess of your reel if not attended to, but they are comparable in strength (maybe stronger if heated treated) to the SS gears. Don't waste your dough... get a frame with that $.
     As for the lil' lady, just tell her that you have a problem and the only way to make you normal is by stocking up on quality Penn reels and their parts ;)
Dom