For Sale $64.99 ea: 416 Stainless Steel Heat Treated 4:1 Gear Set for PENN 113H

Started by Black Pearl, January 22, 2013, 01:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Sal, bring your reels over to Calfornia.  You can tie off to my bumper and I'll take off and stop 50 yards, 100 yards, and 150 yards, and you can reel me back in each time. ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Just looked at the photos and I'll have to say NICE WORKMANSHIP!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RowdyW

Black Pearl

Latest updated:

Guys,

I know some people are not happy with the gear set they have bought from Ebay seller. Therefore, I have been thinking that if you bought a set or more sets from the Ebay seller before 03/20/2013, and you returned and received your refund. I will sell you this 316 SUS set for $44.00. If you have bought 2 sets, you can purchase 2 sets from me for $44.00. Of course, you have to show me the refund email from PayPal for that transaction.

Please note the price does not apply for the first 17 set batch.

I hope this will make you guys little happier.

Thanks,
--Alan

Dominick

Alan:  I know I am running a little late and do not know how many sets you will be receiving, but put me down for 2 sets.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

I thought I was on the list!!
Please put me down for one set.

Waianai, Hi
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Black Pearl

Latest Info Updated

The following members please check your PM. I have sent you a PM regarding your gear set. If your name is strike across, the gear set has been shipped.

• RowdyW
  • elnath
  • broadway
  • Alto Mare
  • Cone
  • John2244
  • Jimmer
  • TomD
  • DayOne
  • Suitekids
  • rjones
  • Mel B
  • p-deverett
  • BMITCH
  • wolvie
  • thinket
  • seaeagle2

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Black Pearl

Quote from: noyb72 on March 22, 2013, 08:56:48 PM
Sorry Alan,
No message in my inbox.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I only had 17 sets of this 113H gear set. I went by the first 17 members on this thread to receive 1 set per member.

The main production product will be here on middle of June.

Don't worry, you will have your set.

Thanks,
--Alan

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
"

Black Pearl

Here we go. Few member received this gear set. Let's see what their opinions on this gear set.

seaeagle2

I got my set today, they look like a piece of artwork.. Since we're in the midst of a minor remodel on one bathroom so we can use it during the major remodel of the main bathroom, I probably won't get them into a reel for a while but they look great....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Cone

I recieved my set today. They look top notch. I will put them in the reel I took the ebay gears out of. I've cleaned the bits of plating out of the internals and i will try to post pics when i assemble them. The fit and mesh of the pinion and main gear looks like it will be very good. Thanks Alan for making these available. Without installing these it looks like you've got a winner. ;D   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

day0ne

Got mine today. Look great. Will be awhile before I can test them
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Alto Mare

Alan,I just received the gears today, thank you!
I must say, I'm impressed.
I took a close look and they are very similar to the Accurate gears. Your contact must have used a set of Accurate as a template.
I have not installed them in my reel yet, but  I don't anticipate any issues.
You did good, these are actually better that Accurate. I will post a couple of pictures to show how nice the pinion and main gear mesh.
Alan, I truly appreciate all of the hard work that you did to bring us a quality product at a competitive price. Thank you!
here is a shot of the Newell gears

here is a shot of the Accurate

and a shot of the Black Pearl's gears

Notice how tight the fit is with these.
The fit on the spool shaft is perfect

I'm not an expert on steel, but I did hit them with a center punch. I'm not sure you could see it but the new gears have a less mark than the Accurate, the new gears are on top. Lesser mark= stronger material.

They're very close in weight also, these are the Accurate

and the... lets call them the BP gears ;D

All other dimentions are spot on with the Accurate gears.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.