Trash bin 155

Started by saltydog, October 02, 2013, 03:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Cool,
It just looked like it had more metal in the photo. If your looking to do a simple upgrade the 49 stand is really nice.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

I am venturing into uncharted territory with these smaller Penns. I am a Big Senator Guy, but I can't help myself. There is too much to learn from these pieces of History. ;)
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 19, 2014, 07:26:03 AM
I am venturing into uncharted territory with these smaller Penns. I am a Big Senator Guy, but I can't help myself. There is too much to learn from these pieces of History. ;)

My largest Senators are 114 and 114H but I like to use my Surfmaster 100s and 150s.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on February 20, 2014, 03:11:07 AM

My largest Senators are 114 and 114H but I like to use my Surfmaster 100s and 150s.
You should have enough parts there to put a 10/0 together, well maybe not, you would still need a spool.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

The water cutter was talking about getting a multi axis CNC machine yesterday and I told him I had work for it.   He needs to relocate to a larger shop first though.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

I'm not sure what a multi axis CNC machine is, but its gotta be good for all of us! Maybe I'll get that Shark Handle I've been wanting! :P
My First Jigmaster! finally arrived. 500S with red aluminum spool. $40 bucks shipped. A little crusty, should clean up nice. ;)
Life is Good!

Lensters

Quote from: Keta on February 21, 2014, 01:24:31 AM
The water cutter was talking about getting a multi axis CNC machine yesterday and I told him I had work for it.   He needs to relocate to a larger shop first though.

What are you planning for the CNC machine?  I have a friend with a Hitachi Seiki VA-40 with a z-axis attachment that owes me some favors.  In fact networking his CNC machine to his computers, so he could upload cutting files is the big favor he owes me for.  I had to learn obscure parts of the EIA-232-D standard to make it work.
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

Keta

I want a standard width topless 349 frame and I know there is some demand for a narrow frames for the larger Senators.

Mark Twain

Lensters

A 349 frame sounds like a great idea (that is my favorite reel).  I'll be going by Dave's place tomorrow I'll see what he thinks of the idea.  Do you suppose anyone else would want one?

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Lensters on February 22, 2014, 03:27:10 AM
....(that is my favorite reel).

Mine too, I even have a factory left hand one.

Mark Twain

broschro

Lensters

Dave is currently between contracts so he has some time to play with this.  I gave him a reel and some pictures of examples for what we want.  He is a machinist not an engineer so he is a little wary of doing the original CAD.  We will see where this goes, hard to say.

Shark Hunter

Hopefully it goes toward us for some frames! Thanks for trying to make this available Lensters! ;)
Life is Good!

Lensters

Dave can't figure out how to get stock to make these frames so that they would sell for less than $150.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Would anyone else be interested in frame spacers like the Jigmasters have or similar to the ones Newell made for Senators?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Outdoor-Sports-/159043/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=penn+frame+spacers