Trash bin 155

Started by saltydog, October 02, 2013, 03:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Lensters,
I'm sure Three Se7ens can steer you toward some stock for those frames. He is the Gentleman who is making the new ss stars in the Senator section.
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Daron, nice scores on your new little ones..  ;)
I'm learning some stuff on this thread. about factory parts swapping for upgrades
is the 180 spool really stainless steel?
How many models with stainless spools are out there on older Penns?

Shark Hunter

I'm not 100% sure its stainless Erik. There is a 155 here on the right, with the same spool.
It has that brushed stainless look to it. I also have a Jigmaster with one.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Had some extra time before I had to go in to work today. Figured I would stop by Harbor Freight. My main goal here was to look for a punch like I see in Sal's posts. He has it on a Handle that looks like it was made for a file. No Luck. They have everything else in there, just no Sal Punch! >:(
I picked up a nice little screwdriver set mainly for handle screws, got another pick set, these come in handy getting drags out of a gear when not wanting to take the gear out of the reel. I really use them to pry side plates off of rings that have never been off before. A smaller set of little pliers other than my needle nose that look Gargantuan when working on a Surfmaster or Jigmaster. I only spent 8 bucks! and didn't even have a coupon! ;D I grabbed some punches from the Garage before I headed to work so I can grind them down to fit the sleeve pins that I destroy the smaller punches on. It was a good day! ;D
Life is Good!

erikpowell

where's the harbor freight?? I gotta tell my brother.  :D

Shark Hunter

Its on Mall Road in Florence.
Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: erikpowell on April 13, 2014, 08:49:51 AM
where's the harbor freight?? I gotta tell my brother.  :D

or shop online and make a list of what you want and then email it to him, just a suggestion...:)

http://www.harborfreight.com/#

erikpowell