Black Marlin from kayak

Started by Kau Grown, October 07, 2013, 06:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kau Grown

Aloha guys! I was very lucky and blessed this past Friday to have safely hook, fight and land my first Black Marlin!!! I've hooked a few marlins in the past but it eventually spit the hook or broke off during the battle. It was a crazy fight and got my blood pumping for sure because the entire fight never got farther than 20 yards away from me. It weighed in at 105.5 on a cert. scale and got a little under 50 pounds of very good meat for a big baby party that was on Saturday. I got the entire battle on multiple cameras and it's nutzzz!! I'm working on the editing tomorrow and will share it with everyone here! Here's a few pics of the marlin for now.

aloha, rob
Check out my pro athlete page on FB for more action!
"Rob Wong Yuen - Pro Kayak Angler"
Tours:Extreme808Kayak@gmail.com

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

CapeFish

Shark Hunter

Holy Cow Rob! :o
Whats next? A 12' Tiger Shark Barbecue? :P
Can't wait to see the video. ;D
Life is Good!

HOLEINTHEWATER

THAT IS GREAT. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE VIDEO.

Alto Mare

You will go down in history Rob ;). You're definitely the best fisherman I've ever seen, also the craziest ;D.
Love that first shot! Can't wait for the video.
Thanks for keeping us entertained.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

saltydog

Great fish now it's time for the BBQ grill to get hot. ;D
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

redsetta

Well done Rob - that's spectacular!
Congrats, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Kau Grown

Thanks brothers! I've got a very busy week this week but will work on the vid ASAP. Thanks for the awesome relies!
Aloha, rob

Dominick

Quote from: noyb72 on October 07, 2013, 08:05:48 AM
That, my friend is nuts.
Ron
X 2   I can't wait for the video.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

john2244

Makule

Very impressive.  Hope you have many more.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bryan Young

Holy marlin. Glad you landed that bugga safely. Now I can see how you may have landed that beautiful wife of yours.  Both fighters for sure, but with a lots of patience and finesse, they eventually come to gaff.  Hahaha.

Great catch. Can't wait for the video bradah.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Kau Grown

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 08, 2013, 02:09:40 AM
Holy marlin. Glad you landed that bugga safely. Now I can see how you may have landed that beautiful wife of yours.  Both fighters for sure, but with a lots of patience and finesse, they eventually come to gaff.  Hahaha.

Great catch. Can't wait for the video bradah.

hahaha rajah dat B!