9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

I can remember it as well.  I was only 8.  I grew up in MN, and do not miss the severely cold weather there, though I do miss the ice fishing.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

erikpowell

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 08, 2014, 12:48:55 AM
Quote from: erikpowell on January 07, 2014, 09:31:09 PM
Thank god you guys don't live in Minnesota !  

Daron, It's still not as cold as the Freeze Bowl in '82 is it?  ;D
remember that? hahahaa  I was there with my dad.... that was medieval..especially for san diego!

I was a Junior in High School Eric, but Yes, I do remember. I think yesterday was as cold as it been since that day.
Right after we lost the playoff game to San Diego on Sunday is when The temps started to drop. One it gets below 10 degrees or so, it doesn't matter. Its still cold as Hell! :o

With the old way of calculating wind chill back then it was -60 in the papers. But now it's recorded as -37.
Yeah, I was a freshman then, my dad took me to the game for my birthday...it was Jan 10 '82.. weird coincidence eh?
a replay almost to the day from 32 yrs ago.... Only that year we CRUSHED the Chargers..... and Bengals were AFC champs!

the boys were hard core then, i bet the NFL wouldn't even play a game in those conditions anymore
I'll let wikipedia tell a quick story:

Before the Chargers took the field, Running back/Special teamer Hank Bauer tested the field conditions. Bauer recalled: "when I came out of that tunnel... man, it (the wind) just hit you-like somebody threw 100 knives at you." When he returned to the locker room, he told his teammates: "Whatever you got on, take it off. Number one-you won't be able to move (with all the layers) and number two-it ain't gonna help."

The Bengals offensive line played the entire game with bare arms. A number of them played with bare hands as well. They placed hot water bottles inside their cups (athletic supporters) and between plays they walked around with their hands in their pants which many people found amusing.[citation needed] It was so cold icicles started to form on Fouts' beard early in the game.

Within one week, the Chargers went from playing an overtime game in Miami in 88 degree, high humidity weather to playing in the −37 wind chill in Cincinnati, an effective difference of 125 degrees.
-------

It was minus 9 F that day at Riverfront and the windchill "of the time" and the way it's remembered by everyone it was minus 60 degrees!

Crank up that heat and keep your backup ready buddy !

Cheers from steamy Fiji... were I've been sweating since dawn   :o :o
E

Whoops.... AND NOW back to our 9/0 topic  ;D ;D

Shark Hunter

Well just rub it in why don't you! >:( Not only are you two years younger, you are sweating. Its all good Bro. ;)
I have a brand new top of the line Trane two stage furnace with a 20 year warranty. Bring IT! 8)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Well gas up the generator just in case... old man  ;D ;D

Shark Hunter

Like you said, Back to the 9/0 topic. E ;D
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

i just have to jump in on this one. dont feel bad guys, even though I live in sunny Florida we have been freezing our rumps off all day. Went out at 4pm to fill up the dog bowl and it along with the water hose were completely frozen. Brrrrrrrrr were is the warm weather. Needless to say me nor any of my sharking buds have been on the water the last few days.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

saltydog

Well Tuesday mourning it was 16 degrees here in North Texas.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Shark Hunter

That's saying something for Texas William! By Brother in law lives in Houston and I have a Uncle not far from there. When it dips below 60, They are freaking out! Good to hear from you buddy! ;)
Are you still making those Jigs? Like the ones you sent Sal?
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: erikpowell on January 08, 2014, 02:57:46 AM
Well gas up the generator just in case... old man  ;D ;D

I'm going to stop at Skyline on the way to work Eric. My Boss gave me a $25 gift card for Christmas. You want me to pick you up something? 4 or 5 way with a couple coney's? ;D
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Arrghh.... you're torturing me  Daron!!   
a 5 way and couple coneys should help with the sting of below freezing.

You can take the man outta Cincy, but you can't take the Cincy outta the man:
I have survival rations  ;D

Only thing missing are good wieners for the coneys....hard to find anything but lamb sausage here.

Shark Hunter

I'm chowing on a 5 way and two coney's right now! Wish I had my camera with me.
Yum Yum! :P, That's for the old man crack. ;D
Every time I see a hit on this thread. I think its Dom, saying come and get it! ::)
Life is Good!

broadway

Daron,
    Think I'll be making a new thread when the time comes, in the for sale forum.
I couldn't put it here anyway, you guys turned the thread into an Espn weather update ;)
I'll keep yas posted for sure,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Just shootin' the breeze Dom. ;D
I'll be waiting ole buddy! ;)
I was going to surprise everyone, but I'm getting my engraved with AlanTani.Com. ;D
Life is Good!

broadway

I was waiting till you ran out of ammo ;)
If you do that... I'll name AT.com as my home port on my boat registration ;D
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on January 08, 2014, 10:47:33 PM

I was waiting till you ran out of ammo ;)
If you do that... I'll name AT.com as my home port on my boat registration ;D
Dom

Dom I see you are not on the firearms section.  You should see Daron's stash of ammo.  He won't run out.  :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.