9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Doc,
Something I've been meaning to ask. that Cart you Had. Was that store bought? Those Big Wheels on that seemed to go over the sand pretty good.
Life is Good!

broadway

Daron, You were a huge help, and you did way more than your part. Thank You!
     I will say that I'm shocked that it took so long for these to sell.  I guess I just thought they would fly so didn't really plan on a 6 month venture. I'm definitely not a patient person, but I really thought these frames brought a lot to the table.  They're the first of there kind, No more exist (as of today), They are instrumental when using ss gears, they keep your reel aligned, You can pick at a bird's nest much easier, one piece reel foot, when maintaining there's only one post (spinning) when removing or installing screws, the hook keeper reel clamp, and if I do say so myself, they are absolutely beautiful and extremely functional.  Let me know if I missed something.  Tom is the guy to thank for this coming to life, and I think he did an excellent job.  As a testament to Tom's craftsmanship there hasn't been one returned for any issues (not his fault for old Penn screw holes being displaced).  Every one was perfect... Thank You Tom!  Hope you guys and gals nail a monster, like Erik so you can really appreciate its beauty.
Thanks,
Dom

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 06, 2014, 02:38:27 AM
Doc,
Something I've been meaning to ask. that Cart you Had. Was that store bought? Those Big Wheels on that seemed to go over the sand pretty good.

www.fishingcarts.com

I got this as a gift from a friend in the tackle business.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Dominick on June 05, 2014, 10:57:22 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 05, 2014, 10:50:08 PM
Two, but I actually sold one of them to Fishhead. There is only one still out there and He is about to make good on it. ;)
Yeah yeah, the check is in the mail.  I hate guys like that.  Dominick
The one that was still out there made it back today Dominick! ;D
Patience My Man! ;)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Dom, you and Tom made a beautiful, functional masterpiece available to us all, and you guys should be proud!  8)
Plug and play.... nailed it!

I personally can't believe how long those frames lasted... in theory they should have flown off the shelves.. just look at Dom's specs!
If somebody feels they missed out, well... "You snooze, you lose"... there were only 40 of em.

Hopefully I can get my hands on 1 more black one.... muaahhhhh  8)

I punished a 40 lb wahoo with mine yesterday... the fish no match for 28lbs of drag...didn't even heat up the star, no need for gloves on that one.  ;D ...  it was over quickly... I just love the winch factor when you're in a hurry to re-deploy the spread.

BTW, I'd like another black one to balance out the silvers in the family  ;D ;D

Alto Mare

Yes those are a masterpiece indeed, I have a Silver and Black. Wait until you install the new gears in those, they are sweet ;).
I will also take this opportunity to thank Tom and Dom.
Dom, you got it started for us, if it wasn't for you I'm not sure these were ever going to happen, thanks buddy, and Tom, it doesn't matter what you bring to the table, whatever it is I have to have it ;D.
I now am the proud owner of three of your different projects., keep'em coming buddy ;).
And of course Daron, for making sure that everything went smooth at the end.
I now have two custom 9/0's that will stop anything in the water.
Your effort is very much appreciated my friends.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

floating doc

I have the one old reel that wouldn't fit the frame. I'm going to sell it and buy another reel to finish my project. Dom was great; he offered to take back the frame and refund my money. I'm not sending it back.  ;D
Central Florida

Alto Mare

should work even on older reels, what was the problem?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

erikpowell

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 07, 2014, 10:12:34 PM
Yes those are a masterpiece indeed, I have a Silver and Black. Wait until you install the new gears in those, they are sweet ;).
I will also take this opportunity to thank Tom and Dom.
Dom, you got it started for us, if it wasn't for you I'm not sure these were ever going to happen, thanks buddy, and Tom, it doesn't matter what you bring to the table, whatever it is I have to have it ;D.
I now am the proud owner of three of your different projects., keep'em coming buddy ;).
And of course Daron, for making sure that everything went smooth at the end.
I now have two custom 9/0's that will stop anything in the water.
Your effort is very much appreciated my friends.
Sal

Nicely spoken Sal  ;)

erikpowell

Doc, don't send it !   ;D

floating doc

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 07, 2014, 11:50:32 PM
should work even on older reels, what was the problem?

The older 115L reels don't all have the same screw alignment.  :-\

I have to sell this reel, and buy another one.
Central Florida

Alto Mare

I just checked myself to make sure it wasn't your frame and you are right, one of the screw hole on the older plate is 1/16" off. It would probably work if forced, but I'm not willing to strip that screw hole and I'm sure neither are you.
Here are a couple of shots of mine:

Screws all go in except for this  marked one

You learn something everyday.
Thanks for pointing this out to us.

floating doc

You're welcome. I won't admit how long it took to figure it out. :-[

If anyone comes across a good deal on a ball bearing/Al spool 115L....
Central Florida

Alto Mare

Even though I'm showing the right side plate, have you noticed? Same third screw from the clamp bolt.
So many years and we're still unveiling secrets ;D.

Shark Hunter

Since you only need 1/16". What if you enlarged the side plate and ring hole just a smidge?
Life is Good!