9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raumati01

I've bought at least half a dozen reels with the lever on backwards, including some shimanos .

Shark Hunter

Make sure you polish outdoors Aiala and wear an apron. The polish goes everywhere. Use as little as you can get away with, or you will be wearing most of it. ;)
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 25, 2014, 01:08:50 AM
Make sure you polish outdoors Aiala and wear an apron. The polish goes everywhere. Use as little as you can get away with, or you will be wearing most of it. ;)

Thanks for the tip, Daron. (I hate making a mess!) Meantime, I already tried it out on the star drag wheel and the handle, and even though they were pretty rough, I couldn't believe how nicely they shined up!  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

bluefish69

Now where is the fun in doing the polishing outdoors. Oh yah I forgot it was 19* here today. There is the fun.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Hey Mike!
How about you rubba that magic ball! So the frames will show up! ;)
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

Well Mike we had snow today here in Sunny Florida....
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

bluefish69

We have a little more Snow coming tomorrow. Just for laughs.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 25, 2014, 01:37:25 AM
Hey Mike!
How about you rubba that magic ball! So the frames will show up! ;)

Quote from: bluefish69 on January 25, 2014, 02:15:34 AM
We have a little more Snow coming tomorrow. Just for laughs.
Mike

Well I don't know what Broadway Dom's plans are for shipping.  As you know he manages a couple of parking lots and when it snows he has to plow them to keep his business open.  So it looks like the weather is effecting all of us.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Parking lots?? In the city?? I think I need to have a talk with Dom.
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

I bet Dom is raking is some serious change plowing those lots! ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

Hey guys,
    Dominick is 100% correct... It's been a long week and I'm also painting my apartment at the same time.  I will be posting the "come and get it" tomorrow evening at the latest.  Tom did a beautiful job and I'll be proud to send his artwork out to the AT Crew.  My posting will be in the member tackle for sale section in the forum.
The weather made it so I was unable to pick the frames up until Thursday afternoon even though they were delivered on Tuesday.  Sorry for the inconvenience but I'll think you'll be pleased with the outcome.
Thanks for your patience,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Aiala

As I await the arrival of my beautiful silver frame, and being thoroughly obsessed with the aesthetics of my reels, I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to restore some luster to the weathered bakelite of my 9/0 sideplates? (I tried using car wax, which accomplished exactly nothing.)   :-[

~A~

BMITCH

Dominick at one time recommended shoe polish. Now I have only red/maroon plates but I would guess with the black ones it would be good!
luck is the residue of design.

Aiala

Quote from: BMITCH on January 29, 2014, 09:52:51 PM
Dominick at one time recommended shoe polish. Now I have only red/maroon plates but I would guess with the black ones it would be good!

Huh... fascinating! Thank you very much; off I go for some good ol' Kiwi. I'll report on results.  :)

~A~