9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Now I have two reels from Tom Hryniuk

Correction, I now have three ;D

Tom, as I've said before, your craftsmanship is amazing. The frames look awesome and perfect in every way.
All screws line up nicely and the frames are nice and square.
I'm glad you're one of the members here .... great job!

Dom, thanks for helping bringing these to the table, you made it happen buddy ;).

I know I said this before, but I really love this site :)...Thanks Alan, you're the main reason of it all ;).
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Legal Bill

Can I order these now?  If so, how?

Topshot

Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Ron Jones

The way the foot is milled with the frame has got to make this the strongest frame out there. Vary beefy!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Aiala

I received my silver frame today... absolutely stunning... it should be in New York's Museum of Modern Art!

My hearty thanks to all the talented gentlemen who made it available to us. You guys rock!   :D 

l~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Newell Nut

WOW Sal, you sure know how to build some beautiful reels. You are such an inspiration to us all and you are constantly challenging us with your creations. You are one of kind and the membership here is blessed by your presence.

Shark Hunter

Well, we know who is Dom's favorite for sure now. ;) Now we need to get those pinions from Chui so I don't have to take mine back apart again. Looking Good Sal! ;D
Life is Good!

broadway

I'm glad you guys and gals are happy with the frames that have been received so far and can't wait for the rest of the comments to roll in, as I'm very confident of the quality and fitment of Tom's frame to the 9/0.
Bill, pm me if you're interested or have any questions.
Daron, don't forget... Sal runs the R&D department  ;)
Ron, I'm not sure of what kind of trade off it would be... One piece foot with half frame or 2 piece full frame.  I wouldn't know which would be able to sustain a higher drag, but someone on here would know that for sure.  I don't think there's a 9/0 gear made (aftermarket or eom) that can damage either one.  :-\
Thanks Crew,
Dom

Aiala

Just for my own peace of mind, to make sure that I'm not doing something idiotic, can someone kindly tell me what size screws (by Scott's part number) I should be using to attach the sideplates to my new frame?

Thank you!   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Hello Aiala, you could go with ( 8 )  39-12 on the left and ( 8 )  39-13 on the right. Those are not cheap, don't you have the ones that came out of the reel?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Dom, my frame came today. You are not kidding it is cold in NY.  When I took the frame out of the box I thought it was so pretty I kissed it.  Boy was I sorry, my lips froze to the side.  ;D ;D  I had to put warm water on it to break it free.  :D  Now I know what you mean about cold weather.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Chris Gatorfan

They are beautiful. The pics dont do the justice.
Thanks Dom and Tom, here is its Christining.

Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Topshot

Quote from: Chris Gatorfan on February 04, 2014, 03:46:59 AM
They are beautiful. The pics dont do the justice.
Thanks Dom and Tom, here is its Christining.

Annnnnd photo of the month award goes too!
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Chris Gatorfan

;D thanks topshot. Not putting her together till I can get the new paint job on her.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Topshot

Quote from: Chris Gatorfan on February 04, 2014, 05:23:53 AM
;D thanks topshot. Not putting her together till I can get the new paint job on her.
You doing a custom paint job??
Michael Baughman