THE "BEAST" FROM THE EAST!!!

Started by BMITCH, December 22, 2013, 04:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Ok, been building this one for awhile.... We have the "Tank" the "Wex" and the "Mini Tank" now for the "BEAST FROM THE EAST"

BEFORE.....

DURING.....

AFTER....

All the goodies are in this one. Keta Krank, SS gear sleeve,Hex BP gear...yadda..yadda..yadda.  ;)Can't wait to fish it.
Enjoy, Bob

BTW, can anyone find what the external mods are?? Kinda like where's Waldo  :D
luck is the residue of design.

harryk3616

hi    bob    reel nice job there, looks great and i'm sure you will have a ball using it.   noticed the tea infusers, is that what you wash your parts in, i picked one up awhile ago.  last week i purchased a jewlery cleaning basket from ebay, fantastic, all metal, fine screen and it hangs great in my glass wash bowl,   nice pics.   harryk

BMITCH

Hi Harry, yeah tea balls. I use them in my ultra sonic cleaner for the small parts. I place a standard strainer in the tub of the ultra sonic and then the tea ball/ small parts holder in that. It keeps them suspended rather than sitting on the bottom.
Bob

Alto Mare

Ok Bob, now you need to stop, you're making me look bad ;D.
Very nice job buddy, can't wait for you to give it a workout at the canyons and report back ;).
Very creative using  two eccentric levers. ...not taking anything away from your masterpiece, but I believe Lee could make you a custom lever with a bend.
Thanks for sharing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Lee's to busy boat building right now. Timing is everything with Mr. Keta. :D

BMITCH

BTW Sal, this side cover was made by someone else on this site ;) really like the way the second dog spring fits.
Bob

Newell Nut

Bob
That looks really nice and the beefy screws look good too. I already named mine the Beast so you have Beast II.  ;D

You will be surprised how strong and smooth that drag is.

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Bob!
I especially like the bridge screws. I really like that pic of the double dogs.
I have two 114HLW's that are going to get the same treatment, minus the screw mods.
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Daron, the screw mods were able to be done "only" because the frame, side plate and rings were drilled and tapped to 10-32 not the original 8-40.

Shark Hunter

Gotha!
Since Newell Nut is staking claim to the Beast. How about the "Camden Kraken!"
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

You guys are nuts ;D, just stay away from 'The Tank" mine has a patent ;D.
You know Bob, I had a T-Shirt that said "The Beast from the East", that was about ten years ago, I believe my wife gave it to me.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

I don't care what it's called. Just as long as I get to fish it often!

Shark Hunter

The Garden State Goliath! ;D
I'm going to name mine the "Black Pearl Punisher!" ;)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Nice one Bob!
I just finished a couple half frame 114h's couple weeks ago that were hard to give back to the customer.
I had visions of what you just accomplished on that reel. Nice work!
I especially like the screw mods and that counter set for the bridge screws.
Well done mate!

BMITCH

Thanks guys, none of this is an original thought of mine. Just a tweaking of what is already known. Still did anyone pick up on what is REALLY different with this build ???