12/0 double dog

Started by Shark Hunter, December 23, 2013, 10:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

With all the double dogging going on. I don't think anyone has ever double dogged a 12/0.
I tried the razor blades from a disposable razor like Bunnlevel suggested, No dice, way too brittle, they break very easily, Guess I'm sticking with Brass.
This crusty old 12/0 had one part that wasn't and I sent it to Jersymic to complete his 12/0 across the pond.
I got me a 196 dremel cutter bit like I saw Sal using, and it made the job a lot easier. Just have to be careful not to cut too deep.

This reel was so crusty, I used simple green, brake cleaner, and finally ended up using emery cloth to clean up the green corrosion on the brass.

It only took me six hours to get to this point, almost there.

Polished Keta Krank, spool and everything else!

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

You're getting to be a pro Daron, just like everything else, a little practice goes a long way ;).
Not raining on your parade, I still enjoy everything you're doing, but Justin did do this a while back:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3935.msg33136#msg33136
I also have one somewhere, but mine are not easy to find. ;D
It doesn't matter who did what, as long as we keep up with the improvements.
Keep them coming buddy.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Awesome Daron. I bet it sounds really tough! Keep up the posts and pics.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

Nice Job. That old workhorse has a lot of good years ahead. Do you ever wonder what one of those old reels as already caught in it's life?

Shark Hunter

Yes I do Dwight. If they could only talk. ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

When I originally posted this, I had some derogatory comments about Bryan not answering me back. I didn't mean to sound like a smart aleck. I apologized to him and removed my comments. I hope he accepts my apology. I reread it and it did sound terrible. My intent was not to upset him.
Guess I should proofread my posts better before putting them up. :-\
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Daron, did you have to take some off the end of one of the dogs to get alternating? Or did you go with the simultaneous set up? I LOVE. That alternating sound of those larger senators dogs.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Alternating, of course!
Love the clickety clack! ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Daron, that reel looked pretty good when you were done.  How come you sold me the one in better shape?  He he he.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 23, 2013, 07:27:21 PM
When I originally posted this, I had some derogatory comments about Bryan not answering me back. I didn't mean to sound like a smart aleck. I apologized to him and removed my comments. I hope he accepts my apology. I reread it and it did sound terrible. My intent was not to upset him.
Guess I should proofread my posts better before putting them up. :-\

No hard feelings.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ChileRelleno

Looks good to me.

How do you like that spring placement?
It has worked well for me.

I too like the clickety clack of the alternating dogs.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Yes John,
I copied your work buddy. Much easier and good tension on the dog.
I didn't have to go under the outer ring with this Monster! ;)
Life is Good!