Daiwa Sealine 6/0 - any info? (photos now added)

Started by scrumpy, February 04, 2014, 09:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrumpy

I have the chance to buy a Daiwa Sealine 6/0. I'm pretty sure that this reel if from the mid 70's though it appears to be in 'as new' condition. This reel would be used, my biggest concern is spares, more specifically drag washers should I require any. Thoughts ?

Shark Hunter

Scrumpy,
I'm no expert on Daiwa's, but that doesn't look like one to me.
I don't think Daiwa made a reel called a 6/0.
The Daiwa H series have an aluminum frame. This looks like a Penn knock off to me.
Personally, I would stay away from it.
This is a Daiwa 600H. It is a good reel.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6656.0
Life is Good!

scrumpy

It's advertised as a Daiwa, and the guy collects/sells Daiwa gear. I was thinking that it may be pre-600H. Not found anything on the web about it... Curious!

Bryan Young

Thank looks like a Daiwa from the 70s.  I believe those came with SS support rings and posts, but I cannot completely remember.  I knew a few guys who had them.

Without opening it up, it's hard to tell if they share any components with current reels.  Sorry, I cannot help further.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Irish Jigger

I think it's the real McCoy.
Repaired one for a friend recently,Daiwa parts scarce,well engineered reel.
Quite a few on Ebay,ref link below.
Drag washers should not be a problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAIWA-SEALINE-900H-BIG-GAME-DEEP-SEA-FISHING-REEL-Works-great-/221367471476

Shark Hunter

If the price is reasonable, Go for it. ;D You can never have too many reels. ;)
Life is Good!

LTM

Take more close up pictures showing identification marks. Dont worry about drags, you can make some if they dont carry any. You may be on to something as Bryan said, especially if the price is right. You'd be suprised at how much you can restore.

Leo

Shark Hunter

Robert, I now know why Sal calls you a genius. ;D
You better jump on that reel scrumpy! :P
Life is Good!

scrumpy

Cheers for the input chaps, I took a gamble and bought it... awaiting delivery.

Shark Hunter

Show us some pictures when you get it. ;)
Life is Good!

scrumpy

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 05, 2014, 09:26:28 AM

Will do for sure. If I can intercept the postman before my wife I'll post photos of the complete reel, otherwise you'll have close ups of the internals and various unidentifiable parts  ;D

Irish Jigger

Good luck with your reel scrumpy.
Big enough for anything you are likely to catch over here.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: scrumpy on February 05, 2014, 10:07:43 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 05, 2014, 09:26:28 AM

Will do for sure. If I can intercept the postman before my wife I'll post photos of the complete reel, otherwise you'll have close ups of the internals and various unidentifiable parts  ;D
Welcome to the Dark Side! ;D
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

Looks like a good find I hope you enjoy it.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.