Alan Tani Shark Week

Started by Shark Hunter, February 08, 2014, 08:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

Memorial Day would not be my choice for being at the beach. I avoid it that week. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

I am already committed to that week Bob. We went the second week of May Last Year and it was still a little Chilly. Hopefully we will be able to find a remote spot.
Life is Good!

Mudguts

what sharks do you guys catch from this spot?

Chris Gatorfan

Blacktip, Sandbar, Hammer, Bull, Nurse, Tiger, Atlantic Sharpnose, Lemon, Spinner, Dusky and the occasional Mako are our normal catches.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Mudguts

Sounds like fun.. Bronzies, Seven Gill and Gummys are our main targets for land based shark fishing down where I am.   

Shark Hunter

Ok Men.
I can see Bunnlevel and Doc coming. I wait for this an entire year. I am staying in Fort Walton and will be putting some Sharks on the Sand, regardless. I have the gear and know how to make this Happen. There is an event that was unexpected going on in Pensacola Memorial day week. It is Gay pride week. I am not prejudice nor am I ridiculing this. I just know I have worked way too hard for this to let anything stand in my way. Bob (Cone) has offered his services as a ferry boat to a private spot away from any crowds. Chris is familiar with the area as am I. This is going to be a Blast!
Anyone that wants to feel the power of Catching an Apex Predator. This is your Chance! ;)
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

The spot Cone is willing to take us over to if I am not mistaken is Fort McRee. It is a Killer spot for sharks, so much in fact it is the meeting ground and home base for our local shark tournament here in the panhandle.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Thats the spot Chris.  FT. McCrey. Only accessible by boat. Anywhere on that tip around Fort Pickens is prime Sharkin' ground. I look forward to meeting Bob, but the ferry thing might be a little much with all the gear and the kayak. We are going to have a blast! ;)
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

that is a killer spot....That BTW is the prime hangout for most of our Hammers and Makos...So we could encounter a true beast.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Jeri

Hi Guys,

I'd happily throw an invitation on the table for the 'Alan Tani Annual Shark Comp' to be held in Namibia, we get Bronzies, Sevengills, Spotted Gully and Smoothhounds.

The one drawback might be getting your kayaks freighted across, or you might have to learn to cast baits???? We have seen some guys here trying out the little radio controlled boats that take the bait out then dump it at distance. Just as well we don't have Great Whites, the little boats would make a tasty snack!!!

Be alright for the guys 'down under', as a lot of the species are similar, though our Spotted Gully sharks are different, and the Smoothhounds are almost identical to their 'Gummies'

Having thrown it open, it might mean that we all have to go to Australia for the next event after that, the only excuse will be if you are tied up in the bankruptcy courts. Flying around the world to fish shark competitions could get expensive.

Cheers from sunny Africa

Jeri

floating doc

I've already had my experience with bankruptcy court.  :(

That's why I work sixty hours a week for someone else now.
Central Florida

broschro

Quote from: Dominick on February 09, 2014, 09:22:05 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 09, 2014, 06:10:11 AM
The Gulf Coast is nice! Emerald White Sand, Nice Clean Beaches and some Awesome Sharkin'!
Alan, You and Dominick need to bring your wives and "Come on Down".
I have been on Beaches all across the country and Overseas as well. There is nothing like the Gulf.
It is Spectacular! Once you go, nothing else will quite do. :P

Some of the finest beaches are in New Jersey.  Honestly.  Let's hear it for N. J. Beaches.  Dominick
No disrespect but NJ beaches have nothing on Florida beaches  8)

Shark Hunter

I'm not touching that one Jamie. There are a lot of Jersey Boys Here. Your on your own Bruh! 8)
The Crystal Clear water and Awesome fishing has nothing to do with it! ;)
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Y'all don't be a forgetting about your Bama friends now...  I want in on this   ;)
Buy me a Florida license with a quickness, like to match some faces with names.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

John,
It would be my pleasure to hook up Bro! I plan on tearing them up! ;)
Life is Good!