Alan Tani Shark Week

Started by Shark Hunter, February 08, 2014, 08:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 04, 2014, 07:45:54 AM
Hopefully we will get on some Sharks John. The bite is already picking back up after that bad Storm.
I am anxious to get some Rays with my new Bow Fishing Setup!
The bite on Gulf Shores Pier is "On Fire", Specks, Pomps & Flounder in the shallows, Kings and sharks further out.
They sit in between three passes, Mobile Bay, Little Lagoon and Peridido, and the water is already not bad.
Visibilty 2-3', high tidal flow and warm sun is obviously making the fish hungry.
Yesterday, one guy had a Sheepshead head on a rope and was playing with the sharks.

I've no doubt that we will putting Sharks on the Sand.
Barring a hurricane, it will only get better as the water warms and more bait moves inshore.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 04, 2014, 07:45:54 AM
Hopefully we will get on some Sharks John. The bite is already picking back up after that bad Storm.
I am anxious to get some Rays with my new Bow Fishing Setup!

That sounds like fun!

It's good to hear that the water's clearing up. I was kind of discouraged after reading a prediction on the Sharks on the Sand site that we were going to have weeks of low salinity, low visibility conditions. I ran into the aftermath of flooding in north Florida when I took a week off to go scalloping a few years ago. No fun (literally).
Central Florida

Chris Gatorfan

I now have 5 big chunks of a 35 pound ray in the freezer. I'm ready boys.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

That's Awesome Chris!
Its going to be a Blast! I am bringing a lot of Family with me. It might get a little Crazy, but There is going to be some Sharks put on the Sand! John and Doc are meeting up for a couple days. (Floating Doc and ChilleRelleno) I'm am looking forward to meeting Bob. (Cone)
Doc is a newcomer to this sport, and I hope to put a Big Shark in his hands!
14 Days from now! I will be there!
Til then, Comrades! ;D
I have been making some last minute preparations. I acquired this fancy Pelican case. It will hold my backup 12 and 14/0 double dogged, stainless sleeved Reels, Gangsta style! ;)
I made a trip to my local Field and Stream and bought me a nice ugly stick for my Surfmaster 200.
An episode of River Monsters is keeping me up and inspired me to spool this baby up with 130lb test.
He is catching a 250lb catfish he calls the Mau Mau.

Life is Good!

Aiala

That was a great River Monsters! 250+ lb. piraiba... what a beast.  And how about those caimans crashing around at night near his hammock?? Lawd have mercy...!  :o

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Cone

He needs to learn how to throw a castnet.  ;D  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

OldSchool

Yes, wade rules. There is another guy that has hour long shows on you tube called fish warrior, he does some interesting stuff too.

ChileRelleno

I've a problem...  I worry too much sometimes.

What to do with yak when parked at hotel?
My choices are limited since I'm have to use my Choice Rewards points, and none of them have exterior doors opening on the parking lot, so I can't get the yak in the room.
And I'm leery as all hell about it being stolen or vandalized atop the car.
Yeah, I can run a small cable through the scuppers and lock it up.  But I'm still concerned about it.

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I have a solution to your problem John. Leave your Yak at Home. I have an Ocean Kayak Trident 13 that I have never even paddled. My Son will be with me. Me and you can sit in our Beach Chairs and drink some Suds while my Boy Yaks our baits out. I have a yakking self service bro! I get so intense on my rods that I don't want to leave them. My brother will be there as well, He just bought a Brand spanking new Prowler big Game. I got it covered. I look forward to hooking up. I will have an entourage with Me.
Our job is to Bring the Beast to Shore, Tag, Release, Celebrate! Do it again! ;)
Life is Good!

floating doc

I understand the desire to bring all of your own gear. After all, if we weren't tackle junkies we wouldn't be on this site. Still, I don't think we'll need three kayaks.
Central Florida

Chris Gatorfan

Having more Kayaks allows for faster bait deployment which = more fishing time for everyone....
Depending on the waves It can take as little as 2 minutes and up to around 10-15 minutes to drop a bait.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Yes,
But in John's Situation, I think He will sleep a lot better. Stuff gets stolen all the time. Usually where I stay will be gated with Security. I still run a steel cable through the scuppers and around the roof rack.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Well, first road trip with the yak, but not the last, so I guess I better get over it
Just gonna go with a cable-n-lock... And maybe a trip wired audible alarm  ::)
Ragnar Benson:

floating doc

Quote from: ChileRelleno on May 10, 2014, 01:42:32 AM
Well, first road trip with the yak, but not the last, so I guess I better get over it
Just gonna go with a cable-n-lock... And maybe a trip wired audible alarm  ::)

I don't want to be the guy who sets that off!  :o
Central Florida