New handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, May 09, 2014, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikpowell

Bula Adam,
Just ordered a couple 115 handles, but couldn't find the jiggly & 113h handles.
After completing my order, I go back to your site, my shopping cart is still there. it won't go away, nor can I see your store items anymore.  ???
Before you ship my order, I'd like to add a 113h handle to save some shipping cost.
Let me know...you want to send me a paypal request for the other? 
Thanks
Erik

Three se7ens

Erik, send me a pm with the full list of what you wanted to order.  My site sometimes acts funny when you do the manual payment option.  I think I'm going to pull that option and just handle orders via check through pm/email.

Three se7ens

Taking a good picture of the new finish is proving quite difficult. But here it is.  The old handles were sanded with fine grit paper on a DA sander, while the new ones will be polished in a tumbler. The finish is smoother, and will be far easier to buff to a mirror finish.

The handle on the left us the old finish and the one on the right is the new finish.

Shark Hunter

Adam,
I would like a pair for the 112H and the 113H. 4 total. I need to find out from Alan if he sells his smaller grips with the 5/16" countersink. I could always drill them myself, but I want to make sure he has those first. The countersink makes for a much stronger connection. The stress is on the shoulder of the handle shaft instead of the handle screw.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 18, 2015, 05:25:42 AM
Adam,
I would like a pair for the 112H and the 113H. 4 total. I need to find out from Alan if he sells his smaller grips with the 5/16" countersink. I could always drill them myself, but I want to make sure he has those first. The countersink makes for a much stronger connection. The stress is on the shoulder of the handle shaft instead of the handle screw.

Good point Daron.  I didn't think about countersinking these.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 18, 2015, 05:25:42 AM
Adam,

Those size handles get really thin with the 5/16 bore. I don't really trust it, but if you want to try I have a few that size. I don't have that option on my website, so pm me if you want them.

Shark Hunter

I guess I better stick with the small hole then. PM Sent.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

I went back and measured and took a pic.  The picture is a 112H/jigmaster size handle with a 5/16" hole for the countersunk knobs.  The wall thickness was 0.090"  The 113H has a bit more material there and has a wall thickness of 0.135"  The 113H would probably be fine, but I think the wall is a bit too thin on the 112H/jigmaster size.

Shark Hunter

Alrighty Then, 5/16" on the 113H. I have another Tank in the works and this will be perfect. ;D
Life is Good!

Krabby Patties

Anyone make a 10" handle with the gear sleeve at 6.5"&3.5" in depending on which side you measure from? That way you have a fast retrieve and a high torque retrieve just by grabbing the opposite end of the handle. Those are just ballpark measurements. Just thinking out loud. Might already be something like that or it may just get in the way.

LTM

Adam,

If memory serves me; I recall you prototyping some parts on a 3-D printer. This might be worth looking into scaled to the narrow 113H tanks. I envision a ball handle (ala Penn750 SS spinner) on the short end and an Alan Tani 3/0 or something on the long end (balanced to eliminate wobble). This would seem very interesting with 4:1 gears and monster drags).

Just my two-cents,

Leo

Three se7ens

Quote from: LTM on March 07, 2015, 05:39:47 PM
Adam,

If memory serves me; I recall you prototyping some parts on a 3-D printer. This might be worth looking into scaled to the narrow 113H tanks. I envision a ball handle (ala Penn750 SS spinner) on the short end and an Alan Tani 3/0 or something on the long end (balanced to eliminate wobble). This would seem very interesting with 4:1 gears and monster drags).

Just my two-cents,

Leo

The frame wasn't me, it was Dave. http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13324.0

I'll consider the handle arms if there is enough interest.

LTM

Thanx Adam for taking the arm into consideration. However, I thought you showed pic's of a 3-D bridge set that you were experimenting with.

Thanx,

Leo

Shark Hunter

I'm liking the look of Adam's new arms.
Life is Good!