Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Superhook

Ted's trio.

A 1933 Penn long Beach #60 , 250 yds. trade reel for E.K. Tryon Hardware with the Kingfisher logo mounted on a rod winch fitting.

A 1933 Penn Sea Ford #65 300yds.

A late 1939 Seagate #126 300yds. Penn introduced this model for Chater boats and Pier operators .

Superhook

Ted,

I have seen many of your immaculate condition Penn reels . I did not know you had a flip side  :) .  The '33 300 yard Sea Ford and the Seagate are  both tough finds . Always like the Kingfisher logo trade reels .

Ray

Penn Chronology

Ray,

I bet when Ted gets done with those old classics, we will not recognize them as the same reels you have pictured.

Great finds.

Maxed Out

C'mon Mike, Ray, Brian, Dom, Daron, Sal and all you other guys and gals..... I'm not the only one with skeletons in the closet. Let's see them.

All 3 of these reels are obviously well used and have stood the test of time, as they all function smooth as silk. A testament to penns quality and durability that started with the very first penn made.

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Penn Chronology

OK, since you want my skeleton in the closet, here you go::::

Superhook

Quote from: Max Doubt on October 31, 2015, 01:17:32 AM

Ray, the one with dome click is a Seaford. If it had inside rings it would be a long beach lol

Ted , Good to see you are on the ball...I have fixed up the mistake so it is the correct info.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Penn Chronology on October 31, 2015, 01:44:45 AM
OK, since you want my skeleton in the closet, here you go::::

OMG, I always knew there was something different about you Mike..........and don't think we won't notice the subliminal message you're sending with a black kitty kat in the reflection of a lens. :o ( maybe grey and white, but same subliminals or perhaps a new word "sublanimals) ;D ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Superhook

A 1934 Bridge City as found on Ebay.  This one needed a bit of work but is all correct and working now. Operation was performed by the Penn Dr. M.C. himself.

Tightlines667

First..second..third/forth year Sea Fords.

The first is a reel Frankenstein.  Headplate is first/second year/model correct, but the tailplate appears to be from a first year LongBeach since it has the inner ring.   
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tightlines667

First and second year 109.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

I'm wondering what else Ted will come up with, I've seen the many boxes of reels he has stashed away, I'm sure he didn't even look at some yet. ;D
Thanks for sharing your treasures, my friend.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

Quote..........and don't think we won't notice the subliminal message you're sending with a black kitty kat in the reflection of a lens.

Nope, not me. I don't do subliminal. I have enough trouble with the regular plain old over and above board liminal. Forgetabout a SUBliminal :P

Superhook

Quote from: Tightlines666 on October 31, 2015, 03:42:47 AM
Hope springs eternal

Love those old maroon reels.  Every time i see one the heart rate goes up and hope to see one i have not seen before.

Mike, Hope that old guest can hold on till Thanksgiving ........He sure needs a feed.

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike, Hope that old guest can hold on till Thanksgiving ........He sure needs a feed.
He is a bit anorexic, just can't seem to keep anything down ;D

QuoteLove those old maroon reels.  Every time i see one the heart rate goes up and hope to see one i have not seen before.
I sort of feel that the old maroon 1933 Penn reels are getting harder to find in good condition and the boxes are near impossible. Can't remember the last 1933, or for that matter, 1934 style box. Maybe its me, I can't remember many things :-\.

Oceanreels

Had this one going on 5 years. Haven't done a thing to it, just sits on the shelf. As you can see they used it a lot and it would still catch fish the way it is.
300 yard Coronado prototype.

Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/