Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

Two great old Penn collectibles. The 114H seems to have black side plates. That is a flag to a collector. great find. Love the Broadway ID tape.

Benni3

1badf350

Thanks again guys. I got one more. You may have seen it last week. This 12/0 has the sticker from the store that sold it. Duvalls Sporting Goods in Los Angeles. Cant find much info, but theres a guy who posted a picture on page 11 or so of the "Show off Your Long Beach" thread of a early Long Beach with same sticker. Any info on this store would be greatly appreciated.
I wish the box had the price legible but since its a post war reel with lighthouse box the price should be $60

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

You must have about fifty 12/0s !!!  You trying to gettem all ??? Lol !!  Really nice collection you getting Chris !!  Good for you.   John Taylor

Tightlines667

That's a stunner there!

That's the kind Ted likes.  Those lighthouse boxes are getting tough to come by.  Makes me regret selling the NOS 9/0 from the same era.  This one is more scarce then the 9/0.

Nice find!

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

There is nothing wrong with 50 12/0's. ;)
Nice reel!
Life is Good!

1badf350

So I don't mean to runaway with the thread but this combo showed up today. Its a Fenwick 640/International 50. Serial number of the rod dates it to 1968-69 and the reel dates to 1971

For $199 and free shipping I Jumped on it hard while wife and I were elbow deep in snow crab legs at red lobster on Saturday night. Got melted butter all over my Iphone.
She was not amused nor pleased.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

54bullseye

The Internationals look like Silver and Gold Jewelry when there all shinned up and I really like the Old school butterscotch handles !!! I know there not rare or that old but they are about my favorite Penn Reels !!!! Then matched up with a really nice Fenwick   SWEET COMBO !!!!    John Taylor

Maxed Out

Nice combo Chris

I'd say you got the reel for free at the price you paid for that combo

Nothing wrong surfing the web while feasting on crab legs ....

......it's called multi tasking !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

1badf350

This has been a good week. Snagged this mint 113HLW. "Appears to have never been used", as seller described,  is the understatement of the year on this one. I couldnt believe when I saw it. This now completes my set of three. Odd thing on this HLW is the bars are reversed front to rear???
-Chris

Oceanreels

Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/

1badf350

Thanks Brian. It pales in comparison to your collection.
-Chris

nelz

Hey Chris, where are you finding all these reels?

thorhammer

Chris, you are killing it! Highway robbery on the Fenwick / 50!!! I'm a fan of the First Gens too...I use them (more on that later). They first got my interest in a picture in Jack Samson's Sportsmans' World, 1979...with my favorite butterscotch handle. Plus, on a vintage Fenwick with pink Ande screams ole skool...just need a Bertram 31 :)

I guess stock, the spacer bars are solid in front but I flip mine to give more of a topless handling aspect.