for first timers. new members, or even veterans that just need a quick answer

Started by alantani, January 09, 2016, 10:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaygrubby

Quote from: RowdyW on May 28, 2021, 09:58:01 PM
Quote from: oc1 on May 28, 2021, 09:07:03 PM
Shark fishing is becoming a bit dicey and political.  Check local, state and federal laws regarding shark fishing in your area.
Or move to a FREE STATE like Florida! Take the shark test & get the license for free. And get a free saltwater rules & regulations booklet free.  ;D ;D
Yep! That's what I did! The only issue in my area is tourism. This weekend would be a great time to fish, but there are thousands on the beach. Oh well! Next time haha.

RowdyW

Jay the best time to go shark fishing is at night. No tourists then.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on May 28, 2021, 11:27:59 PM

You said Bigger Bait= Bigger Sharks ?
No tourists  ........what do you use for Bait then ?  ;D
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

pjstevko

[/quote]
Yep! That's what I did! The only issue in my area is tourism. This weekend would be a great time to fish, but there are thousands on the beach. Oh well! Next time haha.
[/quote]

You bring a big @ss shark up on a crowded beach and I bet you'll have the beach to yourself the next day  ;D

RowdyW

Quote from: Wompus Cat on May 29, 2021, 12:33:43 AM
Quote from: RowdyW on May 28, 2021, 11:27:59 PM

You said Bigger Bait= Bigger Sharks ?
No tourists  ........what do you use for Bait then ?  ;D
Blackfin Tuna, Barracuda, Spanish Mackerel, Jacks, Bluefish, Tourists (just kidding) ;D, any oily fish. Live is best.

philaroman

just use the tourists
otherwise, all your "baits" taste better than shark

Jaygrubby

Alright, update on upgrading the Penn 9/0...I've found the SS Gear Sleeve and SS Dog on Cortez Conversions. Cal's grease and 7+1 drag kit from Mystic Parts. I'm still looking for a power arm and handle but can't seem to track one down! If anyone here sells them, please let me know, I'm looking to buy asap! As for anything else I might need, please let me know and if you can attach links? I've found loads of info from 10+ years ago and most websites don't exist or don't have any of that info available anymore. Ready to get everything purchased and assembled asap, I'm stoked! Thanks in advance!

Swami805

Check out pro challenger on here  (black Pearl)  He has a nice offset handle arm.  Looks like he's out of 9/0 stars though.   SS gear sets too.   Florocarbon line as well if you're looking
Do what you can with that you have where you are

RowdyW

Lookup Black Pearl in the vendors section and go to his website. 114h offset aluminum handle arms available in silver, red, and black. For a knob try (The Boss) Alan Tani. Get the 6/0 t bar With counterbore.

Jaygrubby

Thanks for the help fellas! I'm adding those parts to the cart now! While I'm here, what are the odds that this part fits my 9/0 or I can find the same parts for the 9/0. https://www.prochallenger.com/product/113hx-pkgzz/75?cs=true&cst=custom

RowdyW

Jaygrubby

Yeah, I saw it was for the 114 just wondered if they had one for the 115 or where I could find the components for the 115. Not sure it's entirely necessary but worth asking. Haha

RowdyW

There was a member that made the ring & washers but nothing much from him in about 2 years. Even if you had the adapter ring getting replacement eared washers would be a problem. They had a tendency to rip off the ears. Stick with the 7+1, you'll be happy with them. If you ever have to replace the washers in that kit they use the stock Penn CF washers. Only the metals are special (cut thinner).

Jaygrubby

Ohhh! Fantastic information thank you, Rowdy!!! So, I've got a power arm/handle, 7+1 drag, SS Sleeve and Dog, Cal's and Penn's grease. Anything else before I dive in?

RowdyW

That should do it. Now let's see if a fish can break that. Don't overtighten the screws on the side plates or it will pull the brass inserts loose in the graphite frame. If that happens you will have to go for an aluminum frame from Cortez Conversions if they are available. Now get it together & show us what you catch with it. Any problems just give me a shout.