Bondic

Started by Alto Mare, January 10, 2016, 02:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

This stuff could be useful to us
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Where is it available? Lowes, Home Depot???

Alto Mare

I'll post this Rudy, shows some helpful reviews,  but I'm sure you could get it cheaper elsewhere:
http://www.amazon.com/Bondic-Purpose-Adhesive-Non-Toxic-Pre-Release/dp/B017J1JVBG/ref=sr_1_12/187-8459864-0536312?ie=UTF8&qid=1452430861&sr=8-12&keywords=bondic
Not cheap, but if it does what it claims to do, it's a good price.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

STRIPER LOU

It is very good stuff Sal. Very popular with the fly tying guys. Been using a variation of it here for quite a while now. As you said it ain't cheap though! More possibilities than I realized.
Thanks for sharing,  ..  Lou

Tiddlerbasher

There are quite a few similar products in the market e.g.

http://www.amazon.com/RapidFix-UV-Plastic-Adhesive-6121805/dp/B00QSA77NE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_sims?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/LOON-Loon-UV-Knot-Sense/dp/B002XJVIOS

Various UV nail varnishes and glues

I've been using UV set nail varnish on rod whippings for some time - infinitely quicker than epoxy ;)

Alto Mare

I will give it a shot,  I'm looking for something that is not flexible, so I could repair some plastic parts that I have.
On one of the videos, he's places a drop on the palm of his hand and it stays pretty tight, could we use a drop on a clam when surf-fishing? ;D

sdlehr

I'm sure it's a UV-activated polymer much like those used today in dentistry for restorations. Be careful with your eyes... We use special orange-tinted glasses to filter out the harmful UV rays. Premature cataracts with prolonged, low-level exposure, blindness with high-level exposure. Not to be messed with without proper eyeware...

Sid
SE FL
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Alto Mare

Good to know sid, I need my eyes ;)

Sal

Tiddlerbasher

Sal, gluing baits to hooks is quite popular with some of the carp fishing boys in the UK. Baits like floating fish pellets or dog biscuits for surface feeding fish. I've used it with snails, cockles, clams  and half mussels - makes for a good tough hook bait ;) Instaflex (Bob Smith Industries) ca glue is another I keep in my arsenal - great for repairing soft plastic lures/worms etc. Also strengthens knots without becoming brittle. I've just started using it on spliced hollow braid joints - early days yet but very promising :)

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 10, 2016, 02:37:11 PM

Sal

Sal: If I wasn't spending so much money on my new project I would try it, but looks like your going to be the testing analyzer.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on January 10, 2016, 03:26:37 PM
Sal, gluing baits to hooks is quite popular with some of the carp fishing boys in the UK. Baits like floating fish pellets or dog biscuits for surface feeding fish. I've used it with snails, cockles, clams  and half mussels - makes for a good tough hook bait ;) Instaflex (Bob Smith Industries) ca glue is another I keep in my arsenal - great for repairing soft plastic lures/worms etc. Also strengthens knots without becoming brittle. I've just started using it on spliced hollow braid joints - early days yet but very promising :)
Thanks for the info Chris, never too old to learn.
I use bait thread, but doesn't do a great job on clam.

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 10, 2016, 03:40:23 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on January 10, 2016, 02:37:11 PM

Sal

Sal: If I wasn't spending so much money on my new project I would try it, but looks like your going to be the testing analyzer.

Joe
Not right now Joe, i need to recuperate a bit, been spending too much on these upgrades, besides, some of these guys have already tried it ;)

theswimmer

Plus one on the fly tying uses.
Various formulas and light combinations have been available for 8-10 years now.

Best ,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Reel 224

Sal: I more then understand what you mean about spending. ::) I have spent a wheelbarrow of money last month and this month so far. :'(

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

sdlehr

Joe, ssshhhh, my wife might hear you....

Sid
SE FL
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Reel 224

Quote from: sdlehr on January 11, 2016, 10:12:20 PM
Joe, ssshhhh, my wife might hear you....

Sid
SE FL

;D ;D ;D!!!

joe