alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Crack 200
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 19, 2019, 04:36:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crack 200  (Read 8001 times)
handyandy
chasing smallmouth in southern indiana

river smallmouth

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »

Sal thanks for the pics I was just curious never seen one in person to know and hard to really say from pictures when they aren't next to something else I know the size of. Your tutorial and break down has me eye balling these beauties, and wanting to buy one off the old fleabay for myself. Was just trying to gather an idea what I might use it to fish for. You two speed super looks awesome.
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2018, 03:37:13 PM »

Never a problem Andy.
My opinion to you is to grab one. Smiley

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
handyandy
chasing smallmouth in southern indiana

river smallmouth

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2018, 03:50:28 AM »

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a deal, some on the fleabay, but not many. Just out of curiosity what are you using for a punch set? That is one tool kit I'm missing from my arsenal of tools. I've been considering buying one as it would be very handy for cutting out drag disc. There have been plenty of times when I've been working on engines one could have come in handy when I've made my own gaskets for odd ball engine parts. I don't mind spending a little bit for quality tools and I've been eyeing a few different punch sets, but figured I'd ask what you've been using as you seem to use it quite frequently in your tutorials for drag disc that always look nice.
Alto Mare

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2018, 04:03:24 AM »

Yes I use mine a lot. If you're only doing a few at a time you could  get away with anything, as I'll show here.
You just need too get creative Smiley
The part from the faucet did great for me, you'll just need to keep it sharp

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7996.msg136641#msg136641

One day I happen to be at the right place at the right time and scored these:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7996.msg195982#msg195982
These cutters were recommended to me from friends here, but were always so expensive.
I was happy when I found those.

Good luck!

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Frank

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2018, 08:08:10 AM »

"First thing I want to mention, the plate screws are very tiny and soft, not one screwdriver that I own fit the slots on those screw"

Sal, I own several of these reels and I have never been able to find replacement screws for the sideplate. By any chance were you able to tell what that thread size is?

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.
Alto Mare

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2018, 02:59:37 PM »

Sorry Frank, I don't. I do have a friend in Italy that is a huge collector on these, he should know. I will ask him when I get a chance.

If you're not collecting and fishing these, I would probably dill them and tap to a more common size, that would be best.

Sal

Frank

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2018, 03:18:47 PM »

Thanks Sal. Several years back I went as far as sending the screws to a fastener supply company and they couldn't figure out what they are. I think I'll take your advice and tap them to a common thread size.

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: