Personal Best

Started by Lunker Larry, August 02, 2018, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Got my personal best muskie at 56.75 inches along with a nice 52 incher. All live released to be caught another day.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Lunker Larry

OK. Can anyone flip these pics around? Don't know why that happened.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Keta

I did not know there were musky south of the equator  ;)  Nice fish, my one and only musky looked like a hammer handle northern.

You will have to edit the photo to get it turned around.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

thorhammer

Donnyboat

Good photos Larry, upside down or not, better than what I can do, nice fish, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Swami805

Wow. That's fishing right there! Nice
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Click on pic and it shows the picture upright

Nice fish Larry and kudos for letting them swim away
Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Reel 224

Larry: That is a great catch, and what makes it so much more. You released them back to be perhaps caught again.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

xjchad

Awesome catch! Those are bucket list fish for me! Congrats on the new PB!!  8) 8)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Benni3

That's a big one,,,great job man

Lunker Larry

Quote from: Keta on August 02, 2018, 01:17:49 PM
I did not know there were musky south of the equator  ;)  Nice fish, my one and only musky looked like a hammer handle northern.

You will have to edit the photo to get it turned around.

I'm in Ottawa Canada. Well north of the equator

On the bodies of water I'm fishing they're trophy waters with a minimum size limit of 54 inches. Can't eat them as they are old fish and full of mercury, led, what have you in todays waterways from eating contaminated fish for 25/30 years. A replica would be the way to go if you want a trophy. I'm good with a picture and a memory. Not as dusty (though you may argue that point about my memory)

Marcq

Tightlines667

Well done!

That is a true trophy fish.
If the musky is the fish of 10,000casts, I wonder how many casts it takes to catch a 57" fish!?

I supose that fish was nearly 60lbs?

I have spent my fair share of time musky fishing MN and Canadian side of lake of the woods, but never caught anything that big. 

My uncle was a serious musky fisherman and active member of muskies inc throughout the 70s and 80s.  He wrote a book on musky fishing, not sure what his biggest fish was, but it may have been slightly smaller than this guy.

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Marcq

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 02, 2018, 06:38:38 PM

If the musky is the fish of 10,000casts, I wonder how many casts it takes to catch a 57" fish!?
John
It used to be a fish of 10,000 cast, now days most fish it by trolling, in Quebec anyways

Marc..

Gobi King

Epic musky! trolling stick baits or spinners is very common in St Claires
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan