Penn 113h Reel/Tank

Started by Alto Mare, December 02, 2011, 02:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: El Pescador on July 03, 2013, 10:19:08 PM
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7520.0

George,   SURE DID!  

Check out the post!

your washers for the 349H did the trick!  Now I want to upgrade to a 5 + 1 drag stack!!

Wayne
Wayne, I just did a 349h 5+1. Alan found some new, old stock SmoothDrag metal washers and I used them. They work great.  Unfortunately, I don't recall the cf washers that I used. Maybe we need to meet up at Dom's and have some poke and sashimi while we find the right drags. Let me know.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

For the 113 drag kit, I recommend calling Mo at Scott's. I'm sure they have the parts to kit it for you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 10, 2013, 05:12:36 AM
Quote from: El Pescador on July 03, 2013, 10:19:08 PM
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7520.0

George,   SURE DID!  

Check out the post!

your washers for the 349H did the trick!  Now I want to upgrade to a 5 + 1 drag stack!!

Wayne
Wayne, I just did a 349h 5+1. Alan found some new, old stock SmoothDrag metal washers and I used them. They work great.  Unfortunately, I don't recall the cf washers that I used. Maybe we need to meet up at Dom's and have some poke and sashimi while we find the right drags. Let me know.

Bryan,
Great Job and let's keep Keta (Lee) in the loop, he is working on getting me some additional washers to bring my 349H up to 5 + 1 stack set up.  No rush on the project, I'll be back in Cabo Jan. 2014 for a week of R&R.

Can't meet up with you at Dom's this weekend, I'm heading to the Truckee/Soda Springs area, and I'll be backpacking into the North Fork of the American River, just downstream of the Royal Gorge area, with my buddy, Jerry, whom I've known since age 6.  We will be dropping in 2,200 feet into the canyon for a weekend of how we will got started fishing; wild & remote, backcountry & high altitude for wild & feisty trout.  Will post some photos when we return next week.

When we do meet at Dom's, Takahashi's Market in San Mateo has a Friday Poke special, $9.95/lbs. for Ahi Tuna!  Let's book Dom's schedule right now, I know he is just that flexible!
Wish us luck!

El Pescador!
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 10, 2013, 05:12:36 AM

113H washers will work but I like to get over size washers and reform them to size, I'll get the Smooth Drag # today.
I got some possible bad news yesterday, the water cutter sold his 1/2 of the shop to his partner.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Keta

I hope not.

The Smooth Drag washer I used to make full OD 349H washers was a #63. 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on July 10, 2013, 03:38:53 PM
I hope not.

The Smooth Drag washer I used to make full OD 349H washers was a #63. 
I was referring to metal washers. 

Keta

Me too, and the handle arms, and the 113H/114H octagon adapters, and the dogs and.......

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

What are you saying Lee, my wish list is gone?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Working on it, there is a lazer cutter in town but they have a minimum number they will cut. 
I can always go back to the band saw and grinder for one or two pieces.

Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Lee,
I might have a source. I haven't looked into it because this is your domain, but if you don't mind I can make some calls.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

You make them calls noyb!
You gotta keep the guys in high tech stainless parts. You the Man!
Lee, you are still the man to me. ;D
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Quote from: Keta on July 11, 2013, 12:37:02 AM
Working on it, there is a lazer cutter in town but they have a minimum number they will cut. 

Lee

What is the Lazer Cutter's min order? I have enough SS here for at least 200 Newell Washers that I asked for. You still have a Newell Bridge Sleeve of mine.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Quote from: bluefish69 on July 11, 2013, 09:41:02 PM

Hi Mike, what newell washers do you need?

Lee

What is the Lazer Cutter's min order? I have enough SS here for at least 200 Newell Washers that I asked for. You still have a Newell Bridge Sleeve of mine.

Mike

Keta

Quote from: bluefish69 on July 11, 2013, 09:41:02 PM

Lee

Mike

I'll check when I get back from the coast.

Mark Twain