Hurricane sandy Reels under water?

Started by arrowhawk, November 20, 2012, 01:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Westii

Arrowhawk, what kind of reels do you have or use?  I'm not sure I'm capable of fixing any of your reels, but depending on what you need, I may have an extra reel that I could send your way.  Let me know.

Rick

Dominick

Quote from: kamuwela on November 20, 2012, 06:07:02 AM
what a man. i always say we are all family here. thats a great thing you are doing. send me a pm and ill help with the shipping.
Kamu:  Thanks for the offer to help on the shipping.  This is no biggie, I can afford a few dollars for shipping.  However, it looks like Arrowhawk is not responding or he is too busy getting organized.  Look how many of you guys stepped up to the plate.  We may still hear from Arrowhawk.  You're a good man Kamu and all you other guys that responded.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

harryk3616

once again you fellows proved how compassionate you are,  totally un-real.  i also might have an extra reel i could send his way,  let me know.      harryk

arrowhawk

Hi all,
Words can't decribe how I feel. I am getting choked up reading all the replys.
I will take you up on the offers. I can't thank all of you enouph.
I have been really busy and after 16 hours days at work and then do work at home.
I have been busy.  As of now I have Friday off, I have not had a day off work in 25 day.
The reels are important but not the most important on my list.
In addition Internet service is spotty at best, but getting better.

Once again thanks to all

Nessie Hunter

I simply cant imagine what your going through.  
All the others in the same position also, that Storm was devastating!!!!

Get those reels packed up & Sent......

Frank Catalano
18528 Chery St
Hesperia, Ca

If you have Paypal, Ill even send the postage to get them here!!!!

Hope to see a box soon.......
Wish there was more I could do......

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

broadway

Send those Senators my way! Pm-ing you my address now.
All the best with picking up the pieces, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family.
Thanks,
Dom

LI Guy

What a great bunch of people here! You're generosity is an inspiration. I suspect after some time you will see more postings of submerged reels from Sandy.I'm on the South Shore of Western Long Island and we got slammed [56" of water on the first floor!!]. With power out for more than 3 weeks and great personal losses I can tell you that the Internet was not a priority for most [I just got Internet service 2 days ago]. Arrowhead, I don't know where you're located but best of luck. And to the rest that were affected, keep you're heads up. Remember people come first. Things can and will be replaced. Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work.

broadway

LI guy,
   You seem to fit in well here, and yes this is the most multi-cultural family one can be apart of, it's awesome!
I'm sorry to here of your personal properties losses and your displacement for a time, but you're correct... we're still here ;)
All the best to you and your family... keep that positive attitude.  It'll help you get through this whole mess.
Dom

harryk3616

li   guy      i'm in brentwood, on the island,  if you have any penn reels that need going over , give me a pm  and we can meet and i'll be happy to help.     harry

Alto Mare

Don't give up guys. Here is a shot of Venetians (Veneziani) having lunch in flood waters!....Life must go on ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

LI Guy

Thanks guys. And thank you for your offer Harry.

broadway

Now that's what I call making the best out of a bad situation.  Are they family, Sal?
Hope your family has made it through that mess unscathed,
Dom

LI Guy

I'll bet they wouldn't look so happy if the wind was blowing 80 knots!!!

broadway

LI Guy,
That wouldn't work out so well, but they didn't have a hurricane, just unbelievable rains. Venice has also been through this time and time again... they're veterans at flood conditions.
Dom