TIP OF THE DAY

Started by Alto Mare, August 09, 2013, 12:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SacFly

That's a great idea Sal.  For those of us without a glue gun, I'll bet silicone caulk would also work for this.

bluefish69

I have been using Goop Contact Cement from Home Depot

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

handi2

If you ever see the Shimano tackle trays on sale they have a radius on the bottom edges of the individual compartments. I have some of the small ones about 12x8 and it's very easy to get the screws out with the smooth sided compartments.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

MarkT

I use wire ties with screw downs that I get at Home Depot as hook keepers on my rods. I put them at the top of the reel seats.  They work great!

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on September 06, 2015, 05:57:01 PM
I use wire ties with screw downs that I get at Home Depot as hook keepers on my rods. I put them at the top of the reel seats.  They work great!

this tip is really good, I will look for those on my next visit to home depot
The Baja Guy

SteveL

I have also used regular wire ties without the screwdown, and just ran the wire tie through a small silicone O-ring.

steelfish

Quote from: MeL B on September 09, 2015, 01:52:39 PM
for "GREASERS" only

how to prevent CF dust when cutting to size, apply CAL's and clean after by wiping washing or blowing if you have an air compressor or DUSTER. and you don't have to grease them afterwards.  :)

and this comes when Im about to cut some for the Keta´s octagon inserts for 112h and 113h

great tip
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Quote from: MeL B on September 09, 2015, 01:52:39 PM
for "GREASERS" only

how to prevent CF dust when cutting to size, apply CAL's and clean after by wiping washing or blowing if you have an air compressor or DUSTER. and you don't have to grease them afterwards.  :)
Good one!...thanks for the tip, carbon dust that gets attached won't hurt there ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

I didnt understood the last pic-tip
The Baja Guy

bluefish69

Good Tip      BUT

Not all houses or apartments have Toilet Bowls with Tanks. Some of us have Flushometers.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

RowdyW

Wouldn't a bucket under the sink do the same thing?

RowdyW

I don't know about your water but mine has so much chlorine in it that you can smell it across the kitchen. Removing the line to clean it is to much of a hassle. I would rather rinse it with a hose & replace it as needed. I haven't had a problem yet. Out in the Florida sun day after day washing it off the reel isn't worth the time. I just replace it as needed with new line or new top shot. It doesn't get all wet anyway like it would in the toilet. You could dunk it in a bucket of distilled water & agitate it a couple of times a day. The dirt will settle to the bottom before you have to dunk it again. To each his own way.

Rancanfish

Quote from: MeL B on September 25, 2015, 10:10:06 PM
Quote from: bluefish69 on September 25, 2015, 06:32:47 PM
Good Tip      BUT

Not all houses or apartments have Toilet Bowls with Tanks. Some of us have Flushometers.

Mike

Then why quote it?

no comment...
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

RowdyW

Quote from: Rancanfish on September 25, 2015, 11:41:33 PM
Quote from: MeL B on September 25, 2015, 10:10:06 PM
Quote from: bluefish69 on September 25, 2015, 06:32:47 PM
Good Tip      BUT

Mike
Because the idea has a lot of holes in it.

Then why quote it?

no comment...

Alto Mare

trying to figure out what's going on here :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.