Everol 14/0

Started by Shark Hunter, November 04, 2013, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Its just as wide as it is tall. Side plate Diameter and spool width are roughly 6 1/4".
Life is Good!

jonnou

Shark Hunter

Good to see you Jon.
Sorry, No Pasquael.
A reel of this size needs a fitting name. This reel is Massive and Made in Italy. Everol has always been true to their name, Not outsourced to some other country for profit. Sure its big, probably too big.
That is why I like it. It is a serious reel that fits the needs of my fishing style.
82 lbs of drag at full spool.
I think Godfather is it.
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Daron

So it's a size thing

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Line Capacity and Drag Power Mike.
So yea, that equates to a size thing. ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 17, 2015, 03:43:14 PM
Quote from: Dominick on August 16, 2015, 10:52:30 PM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 15, 2015, 07:10:33 PM
Beautiful reel there Daron.  Have you named her yet?
How about Luigi?   ;D  Pasquale?   ;D The ever popular Lucca Brazzi?   ;) Dominick
Alright Dominick.
Because of its Italian Birth right. It will be called the Godfather. ;)
In the spirit of compromise I accept "Godfather."   :D :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Robert Janssen on August 20, 2015, 04:58:08 AM
http://landbasedsharkfishing.com/world-records/active-world-records/ilsfa-world-record-10-polk/

A new world record was set yesterday with an Everol 14/0.

An 'ILSFA World Record'.

Wow though, that is an impressive catch, and that reel looks like it was definately the right tool for the job.

But, please, someone get that man a belt and harness!  That hurts just seeing that picture.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Lowprofile

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 20, 2015, 05:17:50 AM
Quote from: Robert Janssen on August 20, 2015, 04:58:08 AM
http://landbasedsharkfishing.com/world-records/active-world-records/ilsfa-world-record-10-polk/

A new world record was set yesterday with an Everol 14/0.

An 'ILSFA World Record'.

Wow though, that is an impressive catch, and that reel looks like it was definately the right tool for the job.

But, please, someone get that man a belt and harness!  That hurts just seeing that picture.

that was caught in June. and they don't use harnesses, they build their rods with long butts, stick them deep in the sand and fight it like in a chair. he must have been maneuvering in that pic because there's no way they'd fight them standing up.

Shark Hunter

The Polk Brothers don't mess around. They all fish Everol's. They fish the same area I do. I hope to meet them one day.
My Godfather arrived today. I'm not happy.
That mark on the crossbar is sticker residue. This was probably done at the pawn shop.
The reel as a whole is in great condition, but the Handle is bent. No biggie there, I always thought this handle was inadequate for a reel of this size anyway.
The reel foot is missing. This was probably done by the poor sap who pawned it.
If I can't locate a stand, its going back.
Life is Good!

Dominick

Daron, I'm sorry that you ran into a problem with the Godfather.  Let's hope the part is available.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

That is a chance you take buying used anything. I hope I can get the stand at a good price.
The import of these reels is so restrictive.
You can go to any Everol Dealer's website. If it is out of the US. They will not ship here.
There is only one Dealer in the US.
I am awaiting his reply.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Daron,

Call Everol USA.  If they don't have what you want, they should be able to put you in touch with someone that does.  There is a guy up in New England that has a bunch of parts for these reels, but I can't seem to find his contact info right now.

I would order a reel seat, rod clamp, and 2 new lugs (1 harness, 1 rod brace).  Also, the rod brace if you don't have it.

Oversll that reel looks to be in great condition.  I would fo a preservice on it before fishing.  The parts are beefy, but there are bearings to pack, and many dissimilar metals in contact with one another that can cause electrolisis, grease will help.  Keep the drags dry though.  Also, be careful not to strip any screws when tightening, and don't loose any of the balls from the right side plate thrust bearing assembly.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

All the clamp and brace components are there. Never been mounted. just sticker sap all over it. >:(
I got it cleaned up. I just need that stand. That guy in new England would be a big help.
I'm sure its the same one on my 14.
Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

QuoteThere is a guy up in New England that has a bunch of parts for these reels, but I can't seem to find his contact info.

You're probably thinking of Chris Martell in New York.

Hold on; i'll text msg him right now.