Alan Tani Shark Week

Started by Shark Hunter, February 08, 2014, 08:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

I'll check in with the update for the last half of the day.  Very quiet, no runs at all. I don't know if all of the extra activity from the holiday was a factor. Still, for me it was a great day.I was fishing, not at work, hanging out with people that I wanted to be with, not at work, outdoors on a beautiful day, and not at work. Oh, and did I mention that I didn't have to work today? What a great day!  ;D
Central Florida

ChileRelleno

Worse day fishing is better than the best day at work.  ;)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Chris Gatorfan

Daron Let me know when your planning on heading back to Kentucky, I would like to get up with you at least one more time and see if we can get a big one on the beach before you leave.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Tightlines667

Still waiting to see a picture if a big ol bull next to your 14/0.  Looks pike you guys are having fun.   What are the water temps like?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

I'm guessing mid 70's John, There are some big Sharks cruising right in front of my condo. I might get up the Gumption to yak a bait out this evening.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Here you go Nathaniel!
Here is Chris's Dad
Chris, I'm leaving Saturday Morning. I think I'm going to try to fish Ft. Walton from here on out. There are some Monsters Here. :o
If I change my plans, I'll let you know.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Look at this Motley Crew! From right to left, Doc ,Bob , his buddy Gene and me.
Bob! You can't Hide Buddy!
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Well,
The weed (Red Tide) came in yesterday. The surf is so bad today, The red flag is up. Think I'll just drink some suds and do what Vacation is all about. Lee, That was really the first test of your arms on a descent size shark. In combination with Alan's 5/0 grip. It was a true pleasure to crank in.
Its hard to mix fishing and family on the same Vacation. I got my first Bull under my belt. That is going to have to do. Red tide and high Surf=Miller Time!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

You did good buddy, it keeps you interested for next year ;). Thanks for the pictures and reports, I really enjoyed it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Sorry to see the weather go bad, an your chances for a big'un.
It has been storming hard here in Mobile since early evening, I know its moving in on you.

If by chance another trip was to happen for you Kentuckians in September, may I suggest the week of the 8th or 22nd.
Moon, tides, almanacs & solunar calendars all seem to promise prime fishing those weeks.
I would love to do it again, it was very enjoyable.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Keta

Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

DaBigOno

Thanks for taking us along on the journey guys.  It was fun keeping up with your post from the beginning.   Looking forward to the next shark expedition.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Chris Gatorfan

I will keep the picks and reports coming and btw, john you have to get over here with me on a full moon.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

I was going to Make a last ditch effort today, but the Storms are just too much. I will not go on the Beach with lightning anywhere around. There were water spouts in the bay this morning. Think I'll just go to Bubba Gump Shrimp this evening and hit up Bass Pro in Destin. ;D
My New Screen Saver. Me and My Boy Mike. I'm cutting the wire where she barreled rolled on the way in. A Quick Dehook and back she went.
Life is Good!

OldSchool

Well done, looked like a fun trip.