Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_reel_doc

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 16, 2014, 08:39:05 PM
Very nice reel_nut...I mean reel_ doc ;D. You know, we have a couple of guys here that could supply parts for these reels for a couple of future generations, not that they would need them. Thanks for sharing.
Sal

Yeah Sal, I think I sold you a few of those parts in the past.

Alto Mare

Quote from: the_reel_doc on November 16, 2014, 09:48:39 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on November 16, 2014, 08:39:05 PM
Very nice reel_nut...I mean reel_ doc ;D. You know, we have a couple of guys here that could supply parts for these reels for a couple of future generations, not that they would need them. Thanks for sharing.
Sal

Yeah Sal, I think I sold you a few of those parts in the past.
Yes you did and it was always a pleasure dealing with you ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Igor,
Nice reels Buddy. My son has an Alvey and he raves about it! ;)
Life is Good!

Don s.

Hi,
here is my collection from over the last 15yrs. It looks like I'm just getting started after seeing the collections you guys have.
Thanks
Don

Penn Chronology

Here are a couple of dusty old shelves in my office:

The top row of Penn Senators are all pre-WWII. Their head plates are set up different than post war Senators.

Shark Hunter

Nice! I would love to have a closer look at that top shelf! ;)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Holy reel cave.  Look at those beautiful reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Penn Chronology

Hello Shark Hunter,

All the Senators on the top shelf are what I call first generation reels. The free spool lever is at 11 o'clock aft of the reels vertical center line and the bridge housing is at 5 o'clock forward of the vertical center line.

These pre-war Senators are much more difficult to find than the post war type. For some reason, Penn decided to change the way a Senator was built after the war. The change started with the 16/O. As far as I know there is one pre-war 16/O discovered at this time.

Thanks for asking about them,

Mike C.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broadway

Sick Collection, Mike! What's crazier is that I know that's just the tip of the iceberg... can anyone say Model F and K?  :o
I've been looking for a Senator with that handle grip like your 6/0 has.  Is that a 1936-37'?
Also, the handle of that 3/0 is a real beauty!
Thanks for showing,
Dom

BMITCH

Hi Mike, really nice collection. Quick question...in the first pic what is the spinner??
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

broadway

Bob,
   I just saw a brand new one go off on Ebay 2 weeks ago... I forget the name but I think it's made in France.
In the ebay photos it looked to be built like a tank and it's a cool color.
Dom

Newell Nut

That is a sweet collection. Neat idea with the dowel rod with reel seats on it.

BMITCH

Yeah Dom, that's a pretty neat lookin reel.
luck is the residue of design.