Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

It really does look like a Sea Serpent. ;)
I don't have a Mantle, But it will go atop the Gun Safe in the Living Room. ;D
I married a Good Woman. The table is always full of reels and reel related stuff.
Life is Good!

Penn Chronology

I found a place for the new Accurate Winter Project reel, for now anyways.

Marcq

Quote from: Penn Chronology on March 06, 2015, 07:29:07 AM
I found a place for the new Accurate Winter Project reel, for now anyways.

I like that rod  8)

Marc..

Penn Chronology

QuoteI like that rod  Cool

The rod is a 10 foot split cane surf rod from the 1940's, probably a Montague. The reel on it is a 1940's Squidder with a very unusual handle knob. One of those End of Day handle knobs.

Jerseymic

Nice collection Mike.

Is that a Gewehr 98 you have there?

Mike.

thorhammer

dunno what i like more: 98's (have many) or Senators (perhaps too many. Nah.....).  Similar in their way if you think about...i also "hot rod" 98's.

Bryan Young

Mike, are those Vom Hofe reels on the bottom row?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike, are those Vom Hofe reels on the bottom row?

The second one from the end is Julius Vom Hofe, B Ocean, 6/0. Here it is restored:

I have a small collection of Vom Hofe's I have found over a period of years. I do not buy them online unless I find a sleeper. They get way too expensive. At this time I am restoring a Edward Vom Hofe Model 621--3/O. They are very special reels that represent where it all began.

Penn Chronology

QuoteNice collection Mike.

Is that a Gewehr 98 you have there?

The rifle is a Japanese Arisaka Type 38 with the Bayonet. Small caliber version.

If you run out of ammo, it makes a great club. :)

Dominick

Hey Daron that is one minacious looking plinth.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

The wife saw it this morning and she actually liked it. She didn't call it minacious though.
She said it was Cute. :D
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Mike, beautiful collection! Thanks for sharing it with us. Now, since I always say it as I see it, I'm not crazy about that white shelf. the one one the right is awesome, with the over sized brackets, but the white one has to go...sorry ;) ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Hey Daron, any chance you could do a better picture without extra reels behind Nessie ??
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

When I get home tonight. I'm getting paid right now. ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Alright Ted,
Here is My Nessie for your viewing Pleasure. Take one last look.
or two
Life is Good!