Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Sal,

I for one, would love to a see a video of the reel's guts
'in action'.

Maybe the pinion engaging/disengaging w/ and w/o the spool already spinning, and what the reel looks like cranking normal, and under pressure (with the drag slipping).  Maybe this is not so simple a task though.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

hahaha, Sal, I'm just busting your chops. 

You know, you can honestly harass the people you love because they are the only ones that will put up with you...others will literally bust your chops.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tightlines666 on March 13, 2015, 08:50:51 PM
Sal,

I for one, would love to a see a video of the reel's guts
'in action'.

Maybe the pinion engaging/disengaging w/ and w/o the spool already spinning, and what the reel looks like cranking normal, and under pressure (with the drag slipping).  Maybe this is not so simple a task though.
Can't do it John, it isn't easy to position my phone just right and then it would need to zoom in and out. If I had the right equipment, maybe.
Here is a short clip on how cool it looks while spinning
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Yea, figuted that would be a challange.  Thats still pretty darm cool.  Thanks for sharing!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Penn Chronology

QuoteHere is a short clip on how cool it looks while spinning

HaHa, I love it. One academy award coming your way................................................... :) :) :)

Penn Chronology

Since we are talking about these cut and clear reels a light bulb came on in my head (that is something that does not happen every day, you know). Anyways, there was a reel company that did manufacture a clear side plate reel. A collector I know was lucky enough to find the reel and the supporting promotions of the reel. That same collector allowed me to log the info (Superhook aka Ray is generous that way). I believe it is a 1950's product made by Bronson. The Model name was the Sea Wolf.

Luckily, the reverse of the photo had a description of what it is made from,

Here is the reel 60 years after it is made and been used. Transparency does degrade somewhat:

I feel this reel held up fairly well but for some reason I do not know of any other clear reels made using Tenite.

Alto Mare

Nice looking reel.
I found some interesting facts about tenite, cool stuff
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenite
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 14, 2015, 06:10:01 PM
Nice looking reel.

At least I'm not the only one who immediately looked that material up

Robert Janssen

Those are some really neat cutaway reels, Mike Cass. And the line on that Bronson is seriously heavy duty... 7000 lb spectra, wow.

Everol has had some neat cutaway reels too; they are usually on display at tackle shows.

Eye candy... Newell made some of these a few years ago.

Pic credit: MrCricket and EC Newell Man

bluefish69

EC NEWELL MAN got that reel past me. We are friends & also fish the same boats. He does have his own web site here in NY.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Three se7ens on March 14, 2015, 07:36:23 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on March 14, 2015, 06:10:01 PM
Nice looking reel.

At least I'm not the only one who immediately looked that material up
It could only mean two things Adam, weather we're stupid or smart  ;)  ;D.

Great thread, I'm really enjoying  cool information that keeps generating. Thanks guys!

Sal

TechTeach

Only a few of the many.
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

Penn Chronology

The Everol is neatly done as I expect a Ferrari Fishing Reel would be, but the Newell is to die for. That reel is phenomenal!!!

coastal_dan

Quote from: Robert Janssen on March 14, 2015, 08:45:16 PM

I believe Bruddah Bill has one of these hotties in his shop.  Awesome looking piece
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...