Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

Those are some really neat cutaway reels, Mike Cass. And the line on that Bronson is seriously heavy duty... 7000 lb spectra, wow.

In those days the fishing line has a duel purpose. You could fish with it or tie down you boat.

tristan

Quote from: igor peric on October 19, 2014, 12:46:35 PM
Some oldfashion reels and a few new spinners...

This is Abu garcia 5000 D, direct drive mechanism

Fin Nor Offshore 9500, Alvey 55A &  Daiwa BG90 M (3,25:1 gear ratio)

Shakespeare Sigma 035

...and some of my spinning reels

Hey, I thought I was the only one with a Abu 5000D!    Low and behold, Igor has it's brother!

That was my first bought and paid for reel, back in the late 70's, I believe.

thorhammer

D is triplets, i have the third. no idea what to use it for unless i was gonna drift a flounder but a cool reel. i have one of the Sigma's also, IMO one of the better reels Shakespeare ever produced but they went all plastic.

Tightlines667

As long as we are on the topic of cut outs and spinners...here are a couple of pics of a modern Penn Spinfisher display model with cut outs.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Penn Chronology

And here I am thinking my tackle shop is the only one in the world with this display. He did refuse to sell it to me.

We now know that there are at least two of these floating around.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Penn Chronology on April 10, 2015, 12:30:31 AM
And here I am thinking my tackle shop is the only one in the world with this display. He did refuse to sell it to me.

We now know that there are at least two of these floating around.

I asked too :)

&was not surprised by the answer.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

The SSV's can't hold a candle to the older Spinfishers. Newer is not always Better.
They might look tough, but Alan Hawks review tells a different story.
http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/spf.html
Life is Good!

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

bluefish69

I used to have 2 - Sigma reels & 2 - 6500's I can't find any of them. I'm going for a Custom Rod on Monday so I might as well buy a New Reel for it.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Igor Peric

[quote
Hey, I thought I was the only one with a Abu 5000D!    Low and behold, Igor has it's brother!

That was my first bought and paid for reel, back in the late 70's, I believe.
[/quote

Tristan ;) Yes, Abu Ambasadeur 5000 D, nice litlle reel

This is one of my favorite / old school Mitchell 308 with some kind of slow "oscilation system"

Three se7ens

Another new addition, thanks to Sal.  Surfmaster 100 loaded with stainless goodies

borchcl

Realty enjoyed the the see-through/cutaway reels. When I worked in the ammunition industry, on rare occasions we had to make cutaways of firearms for court demonstrations. It requires a lot more study and planning than one expects. It grieved me to cut up a nice Colt or model 12 to settle a lawsuit.
Regards
Charlie

Penn Chronology

QuoteRealty enjoyed the the see-through/cutaway reels. When I worked in the ammunition industry, on rare occasions we had to make cutaways of firearms for court demonstrations. It requires a lot more study and planning than one expects. It grieved me to cut up a nice Colt or model 12 to settle a lawsuit.
Regards
Charlie

Actually you created a piece with a special history. Since your were working in the industry, the cutaway would have been considered to have been done professionally. If you would have been able to save the cutaway and attached the papers with it that caused for it to be cut away, then you would have created a special piece of history for that old weapon. Most collectors always want to add special pieces to their collections when they are fully documented and professionally created.

This is no easy job:

Alto Mare

Quote from: Three se7ens on April 27, 2015, 04:44:52 AM
Another new addition, thanks to Sal.  Surfmaster 100 loaded with stainless goodies
This little reel is a pleasure to use, you won't want to put it down ;D. I'm glad you like it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Fisherman Paul

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM
I have come a long way since I came here. I enjoy it every day and consider you all my friends! ;)
I am a simple person that doesn't ask for much. I work hard and enjoy the simple things in life. ;D
I hope you all will express yourself as I have, and I enjoy building and refurbishing every one of these!

14/0's in the back, 16/0 in front of the Everol 14/0, 12/0's next, then the 10/0's. 9/0's and 114H's on the right. A few Jigmasters and Surfmasters in the front.

Super Mariners, The Tank, and the Wex! ;)

Nothing but Cherries Al!

A couple rigs I'm ready to bring to the Gulf Coast in two short months! 14/0 on the right with a Batson Rainshadow 130 lb 5'6" blank with Zirconium guides, two 12/0's with the Big Nasty and a two piece Davis roller rod, 9/0 on a 100lb roller rod and a 114H on a Senator Mariner rod.

I couldn't fit these on the table.
A few more rods I haven't rigged yet. Winthrop roller, Billfisher 80 lb, Custom wood handle 80 lb and a few other roller rods.
Your turn Guys! Pull out all the stops! Lets see what you Got! ;)

Daron, i showed your penn collection and your multiplier collection to the wife,
put it this way im forgiven.

Wow, very impressive, tackle tart and some lol.