Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Always good to see I'm amongst others with OCD and a major collecting passion. ;D
Nice stuff!
Thanks for showing
Dom

steelhead_killer

I feel much better about myself after seeing all these other reel fanatics!  Look honey there are others like me!   ;D

Quote from: broadway on November 03, 2015, 09:26:06 PM
Always good to see I'm amongst others with OCD and a major collecting passion. ;D
Nice stuff!
Thanks for showing
Dom
><)))">

thorhammer

I used to tell my wife it was cheaper than drugs...after a bit when she couldnt back into garage, she goes.."yeah, noooooo".  :)

Superhook

JUST ONEhundred      MORE

thorhammer

steelfish

Quote from: Aiala on August 17, 2015, 06:40:27 PM
I'm starting to feel like a minor-league version of Mr. Shark... he engineers the giant reels, but I can't stop building Jigmasters and 4/0s!

Here's my latest, a narrow YT Special, assembled with deep gratitude to Randy for the Baja Pacific sideplates, Paul Berinson for the gold narrow AccuFrame kit, Adam for the handle (polished by Dominick), and the gold knob from Keith:

Can't wait to try it out on some El NiƱo biters at the end of October...!  :D

~A~

somehow I missed this post, this reel is a beauty, congrats Aiala for that great trophy reel you have there.

The Baja Guy

thorhammer

i missed this also....awesome build!!!!!

I don't recall having heard of Baja Pacific plates before; can you share some details on those plates?

thanks!

J

steelfish

Quote from: thorhammer on November 12, 2015, 08:11:24 PM
I don't recall having heard of Baja Pacific plates before

me either.. but they would surely look good in someone's arsenal that live and fish in Baja every time.  ::) ::)
The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Quote from: Superhook on November 12, 2015, 02:52:26 AM

JUST ONEhundred      MORE

Picked up a nice 309 on the way home at a good price lol

Aiala

Quote from: thorhammer on November 12, 2015, 08:11:24 PM
I missed this also....awesome build!!!!! I don't recall having heard of Baja Pacific plates before; can you share some details on those plates? Thanks!
Thanks, fellas!

Actually, Thor, I hadn't heard of Baja Pacific plates, either. But when I saw that Randy was offering this beautiful set, I couldn't resist! (I boil on bling like tunas on chum...  ::) ) Anyway, he's the one to ask. I'm pretty sure they're long since discontinued, though.

As for using the reel, I was hoping to try it out on my recent Guadalupe adventure, but the fish were so hefty that I had to stick to 2-speeds and never even mounted it on a rod.   :-\  So, it goes back in my display case, and I'll try again next June on my 8-day.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

Noted thanks!!!! I will be on the lookout, along with red 9/0's, 440 metal body, F's, ....on and on

thorhammer

Quote from: Aiala on August 03, 2015, 03:48:28 PM
We admitted that we were powerless over Jigmasters, and our propensity to bling had become unmanageable...

But seriously, one can never have too many!   ;)  :D  ;D

~A~

I needs me that Carolina Blue one, Aiala!!!! I'm Tarheel.......:)

thorhammer

Quote from: Aiala on August 03, 2015, 03:48:28 PM
We admitted that we were powerless over Jigmasters, and our propensity to bling had become unmanageable...

But seriously, one can never have too many!   ;)  :D  ;D

~A~

Thanks to this photo and Tom's and Randy's, et al, swag it has indeed become unmanageable. i had thought nine was sufficient. Now i need two more organ donors for the CC new plates. It was cheaper when i used to gas the boat and actually go fishing :)

Aiala

Quote from: thorhammer on December 14, 2015, 10:32:59 PMIt was cheaper when I used to gas the boat and actually go fishing.  :)

Hilarious... and true

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Tightlines667

Wait a second...

I was using the fact that I am not currently a boat owner to partially justify my reel habit.  I thought I was saving money here, somehow ? ???
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.