Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReelShop

Quote from: BryanC on February 07, 2016, 08:42:28 PM
Here is my collection.

Reels on display on my TV stand in my living room:

Here are some more reels:

And some rods, plus a few more reels in the garage:

Man those rod stands have driven me nuts!! I had to modify the stand because my combos would fall from the unsteadiness it causes. you had any problems??

Nice setups though!!!

BryanC

Quote from: red93crxhatch on March 05, 2016, 03:55:00 AM

Man those rod stands have driven me nuts!! I had to modify the stand because my combos would fall from the unsteadiness it causes. you had any problems??

Nice setups though!!!

I just saw this.  If you have problems with the rods falling out of the stands, could it be that the lower support "ring" (the lower piece with blue foam) is too low?  When I first put these together, I had it down at the bottom, and the rods would tip over just from the weight of the reels.  Once I raised it up 6-8", they were all stable, even with reels attached.  I think the assembly instructions were lacking a bit.  I am happy with how these stands work now though.  No issues.

tgoff

My modest Penn Collection. This site has been an invaluable resource.

2 Jigmaster 501s - 1 Stock Steel Gear - 1 Pro Challenger 5:1 Double Dog Stainless kit
1 Jigmaster 506 - Pro Challenger 5:1 Gear
1 Surfmaster 100 - Stock Steel Gear
1 Squidder 146 - Stock Steel Gear

All with Smoooth Drags and Stainless gear sleeves.

My Penn Z Series Collection

DaBigOno

Sweet collection tgoff 👍🏽👍🏽
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Tightlines667

Great sets of reels there.  Those Z reels look pretty.  Now you need a bail less version or 2. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Awesome Collection there tg.
Good to see you have your priority's straight. ;)
Those are some Sweet Penns.
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Well,  these are ready for the season finally....     Aargh, I wish I could figure out why my pics get rotated.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Wow, I've missed lots of nice reels above, very nice guys.

Here you go Randy...nice reels.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Thanks,  very much,  I,m in for adjusting, modifiying, and just plaain keeping reels making these things better than digging clams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gst.................

anglingarchitect

Here are a few of mine.

Rancanfish

Oh my gosh, looks like my garage!  Ready to go rigs, nice.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Very nice Mark, a couple look familiar...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

anglingarchitect

Thats an old picture Sal so they are from before you hot rodded them for me.

I don't have the Newell any more sold it to Newelnut two years ago when I first visited here.

Mark

David Hall

Under normal conditions I am not allowed to display fishing or hunting gear, trophies or anything for that matter outside my one four shelf display case which is tolerated in the house, However since I am recovering from recent surgery I started placing my newest reel builds as I finish them on my wife's fireplace mantle.  One at a time over the past three weeks I have snuck them into place, today the mantle is covered.  This is no big part of my collection of reels but it is the most recent and some of the nicest.  From left to right.  Silver Cortez conversions squidder, gold accurate 500, red accurate 99, blue accurate 4/0, black CC sideplates on silver p29 frame, my favorite black and red jigmaster magnum, lastly a pair of CC on tiburon framed 4/0 tanks. The boss will not tolerate this much longer and the reels will move back to the garage but for now I'm going to push my luck!

David Hall

This morning she noticed the reels on the mantle!
I have been duly warned!
Remove them or they will be removed!