Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

Haha nice as that one is, it only weighed in at 7.5lbs. It's not unheard of to get them in the 10-12lb+ range or even over 15lbs here. Still looking to catch one in the double digit range!

Thorhammer
That's the thing isn't it. We must have every reel we want in pairs! In an ideal world I'd have a pair of P/G 344s, 447s, 550s. All built to the max of course.

thorhammer

Quote from: Aiala on April 09, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
What Jigmaster obsession??   ;D

(But I think that's enough... for now.)

~A~

I was looking back to the beginning of this thread, my favorite, and wonder how much people's stands have changed since these photos. I know Aiala has hot-rodded at least half-dozen jiggy's, and Daron's kitchen table would collapse under the incremental increase of those I even know about (the Everols alone might do it). I only came in March 2015, and I think I've gone up about a hundred.

thorhammer

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on June 30, 2016, 05:37:42 AM
Haha nice as that one is, it only weighed in at 7.5lbs. It's not unheard of to get them in the 10-12lb+ range or even over 15lbs here. Still looking to catch one in the double digit range!

Thorhammer
That's the thing isn't it. We must have every reel we want in pairs! In an ideal world I'd have a pair of P/G 344s, 447s, 550s. All built to the max of course.

Yes. Orphans keep me awake at night. And then you can't very well let them sit around without matching sticks to sit on....

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on June 30, 2016, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: Aiala on April 09, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
What Jigmaster obsession??   ;D
(But I think that's enough... for now.)
~A~

I was looking back to the beginning of this thread, my favorite, and wonder how much people's stands have changed since these photos. I know Aiala has hot-rodded at least half-dozen jiggy's, and Daron's kitchen table would collapse under the incremental increase of those I even know about (the Everols alone might do it). I only came in March 2015, and I think I've gone up about a hundred.

These collections are so impressive, I feel silly even posting my average/common reels. Maybe after I complete a few project reels I'll assemble a family photo. LOVE this thread!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

you post up your collection regardless....it's YOUR collection. doesn't have to be hot rod to be unique or just something you like. Maybe not a Zebco 202 collection :)

That said, I do have 808's and 888's from the 70's as I used them as a kid. I posted pic on here somewhere lol

Shark Hunter

Show us what you got mo.
All my reels are common. Commonly Big!
You have a passion for fishing and reels. That is why we are all here. ;D
Life is Good!

mo65

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 30, 2016, 04:56:28 PM
Show us what you got mo.

OK...ya got me there...great point! Here's some pics:

A drawer full of assorted conventionals.

Some Pfluegers.

A drawer full of Penn levelwinds.

My Squidder.

My Surfmaster.

My Jigmaster. This one is like a big block wagon...total sleeper! While it looks pretty harmless on the outside, inside it's all stainless. Pro Challenger double dog bridge, 5:1 gears, ss jack and yoke.

[

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on June 30, 2016, 04:44:12 PM
you post up your collection regardless....it's YOUR collection. doesn't have to be hot rod to be unique or just something you like. Maybe not a Zebco 202 collection :)

That said, I do have 808's and 888's from the 70's as I used them as a kid. I posted pic on here somewhere lol

Now you've opened a can of worms...hee hee! I'm a Zebco fan too. They made many fine products, but always seem to be remembered by that lowly 202. At any rate...here's a few Zebcos I fish.
   First photo, a Rhino RBCXL for flathead catfish. Second an 888 and a HawgSeeker for channel catfish. Last but not least, one of my all time favorite Zebcos, the 733 Hawg. Great gears, smooth drag, direct drive feature, bait clicker, and a star drag! 8)

Maxed Out

Man, those are some sweet reels :o....and after all the drooling I need to quench my thirst on my "other" collection.  ;D ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Quote from: mo65 on June 30, 2016, 06:01:28 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 30, 2016, 04:56:28 PM
Show us what you got mo.

OK...ya got me there...great point! Here's some pics:

A drawer full of assorted conventionals.

Some Pfluegers.

A drawer full of Penn levelwinds.

My Squidder.

My Surfmaster.

My Jigmaster. This one is like a big block wagon...total sleeper! While it looks pretty harmless on the outside, inside it's all stainless. Pro Challenger double dog bridge, 5:1 gears, ss jack and yoke.

Mo sandbagged us! Nice reels dude.

David Hall

I think I want to have lunch with Maxed out!

STRIPER LOU

Nice collection Moe!
.....Lou

Shark Hunter

Not too Shabby mo. ;)
Ted, All those bottles are full.
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 30, 2016, 09:40:35 PM
Not too Shabby mo. ;)
Ted, All those bottles are full.

Daron, those bottles used to be full  :D :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on June 30, 2016, 08:56:36 PM
I think I want to have lunch with Maxed out!
Yeah me too.  I want to crack that Wild Turkey.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.