Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Dave, not to change the subject but did we collaborate on the fireplace mantle and tile at some point? Mine was brick faced and the wife wanted granite.
Called the local stone guy and he wanted $1850.00 to face it in granite.

SERIOUSLY???

Went to Lowes and bought $50. worth of tile, had some thinset mortar and grout from another project, $150. of pine and trim, about 10 hrs of work, and lots of cuts later they look almost the same!

By the way I'd get the same thing, NO REELS here! ;D  ;D  ;D
Best regards,  ..  Lou

Almost forgot, and additional $10.00 for the scroll thing-a-majig from Lowes.

Rancanfish

Ha!  I was going to post the same thing Lou.  Old brick fireplace, et al.  That was one of my toughest projects.  Getting the trim angles right was a small (beer) problem, but I got it done.

Very nice display David!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

David Hall

Hah that is too funny!
Mine was red brick also and since I was redoing my entry floor I just picked up a few extra boxes of marble tiles and thin set them over the brick, having spent most of my working life as a professional woodworker, I made the mantle in my garage.  Hey it is a tremendous improvement and everyone who sees it wants me to make them one too.  I made one for my sister and then closed my shop forever.  Looks like all great minds think alike!

Rancanfish

That is too funny.  (I think you were talking to Lou, but it is funny).

I have not done any wood work since the mantle project.  Unless you count firewood.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Nice job on the fireplace fellas, If I find one of mine I'll post it.
No tile supplier in the US had what my customer was looking for, I had to make my own 2x2, 6x6 and 12x12 out of marble ::)

Dave, remove all cast iron frying pans from the house, you should be ok with the aluminum ones and tell your wife the reels stay ;D
They do look nice there. :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Great idea Sal!
My son agrees with you, and they do look good there!

My wife and I will be married 43 hrs this coming August.
Did I mention she's Sicilian?
Over the course of years I have evaded assault with knives, hot irons, and pretty much anything she could grab and swing or throw my way, and in every case I can assure you of two things.  First in every case it was my fault!  Second in every case had I been slower or distracted for an instant I would have sustained serious injury! I swear it was never my intention to provoke her to those extremes, I just wanted to provoke her a little bit!
I was young and very foolish.

I'm older now, wiser and physically way to slow to evade a direct assault I wouldn't want to find out if I could dodge a flurry of fishing reels flying at my head!
The reels will go back to the garage. Just not tonight!

Alto Mare

Quote from: David Hall on June 04, 2016, 02:59:56 AM
Great idea Sal!
My son agrees with you, and they do look good there!

My wife and I will be married 43 hrs this coming August.
Did I mention she's Sicilian?
Over the course of years I have evaded assault with knives, hot irons, and pretty much anything she could grab and swing or throw my way, and in every case I can assure you of two things.  First in every case it was my fault!  Second in every case had I been slower or distracted for an instant I would have sustained serious injury! I swear it was never my intention to provoke her to those extremes, I just wanted to provoke her a little bit!
I was young and very foolish.

I'm older now, wiser and physically way to slow to evade a direct assault I wouldn't want to find out if I could dodge a flurry of fishing reels flying at my head!
The reels will go back to the garage. Just not tonight!
Haha.... I know how you feel ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Yogi_fish808

This doesn't include all my reels, but they're the main ones that this family of reel nuts cause me to buy and build. This community has given me a lot and can't thank you guys enough for building my love for fishing even more. I even have my own small side business for repairing and hot rodding reels for customers.

Funny thing about me and newells. I started off saying "I'll never buy a newell, they're old technology and overpriced." Then it was "A 300C is still technically a Penn jigmaster right?" Now my friends tell me "Remember when you said you'd never be into newells?"...... ;D

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Yogi. ;)
That is how you do it Brother.
Stylin' and Profilin'.
Nice Reels My Man.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

NICE!!!!!! This is my favorite thread of all.

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 24, 2016, 08:58:32 AM
Very Nice Yogi. ;)
That is how you do it Brother.
Stylin' and Profilin'.
Nice Reels My Man.

The best thing about doing reel repairs at home is the boxes of parts/reels all look the same when usps drops them off...whether they're mine or a customers.

David Hall

I need to get back out to the workbench. 

thorhammer

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on June 24, 2016, 08:48:06 AM
This doesn't include all my reels, but they're the main ones that this family of reel nuts cause me to buy and build. This community has given me a lot and can't thank you guys enough for building my love for fishing even more. I even have my own small side business for repairing and hot rodding reels for customers.

Funny thing about me and newells. I started off saying "I'll never buy a newell, they're old technology and overpriced." Then it was "A 300C is still technically a Penn jigmaster right?" Now my friends tell me "Remember when you said you'd never be into newells?"...... ;D

Be that as it may, I still wants pair of P229's.

spc7669

Good grief, can I get a pass to the island of mutant bonefish? That thing is huge...

Tightlines667

I was feeding a school of those mutant bones bread crumbs over lunch, right at a local marina over lunch today.  No fishing zone, but I watched a guy break out his spinning gear and break 2 off before giving up.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.