Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

49Freak

Aha Shark Hunter! That photo of some of your Long Beaches is part of the reason I got hooked on them! So here's the bench mess with the rest of my mostly LBs and a few ringers in the bunch.

basto

Do you know how old the one in front row with wood handgrip is?
thanks
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

49Freak

Hi Basto,
  Not sure of the year on that one, I only received it recently. As per Mike's book it's definitely not a first year as it has 4 posts and the fluted handle retainer with the lock screw. Also the seat is stamped 250 YDS, but no other numbers on the other hardware and the handle is actually a very nice swirled composite, not wood. Could be questionable lineage.  ;D I've tried to get some close ups for the "As you found them" thread, but my macro photographic skills are somewhat lacking.

John

Superhook

49 Freak & Basto ,

You'd be safe calling that Long Beach a 1938 , with that handle.

Ray

49Freak

Thanks Ray, it was a 3 reel deal and I just happened to notice the small handle. Not knowing exactly what it was I took a chance and lucked out so there you are Basto. 1938 sounds good to me.

John 

basto

John
Very nice pickup! Love that handle.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Yogi_fish808

Scored this R533-5.5 on the big auction site for a reasonable price last week, about what guys here pay for a standard black 500 series. It came from a member of the AT family, the seller didn't give his user name but hopefully he see's the post and knows it's in good hands. It was already upgraded with Bryan's 5+1 kit, Motive Fabrication SS Star and 533 narrow tiburon kit. It was nice to open a newell and find I hardly needed to do anything to it. Added one of Alan's ss handles/3/0 grip, delrin undergear washer and a silver 550 kit to fish heavy mono over reef here in Hawaii.

Special thanks to braddah Bryan for trading the 533n kit and getting the 550 kit sent over from tiburon.

Aloha,
Kyle

Also have a 533 kit for fishing 50lb mono during the off season.

Bill B

Yogi thats a good looking pair of Newels, the Tib frames make them look even better....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Yogi_fish808

Thanks Bill,
I wish it was a pair, it's just the same plates swapped between 2 different frame kits.

thorhammer

Shark Hunter

I don't own a single Newell, but that one is the Bomb!
Life is Good!

thorhammer

I have one Five series I stolt for $20 at a yard sale. I'd love to have that one above and a basket full but have resisted that bug so far....

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: thorhammer on November 20, 2016, 02:05:35 AM
I have one Five series I stolt for $20 at a yard sale. I'd love to have that one above and a basket full but have resisted that bug so far....

I resisted the newell bug for a while...then one 300 series became a pile of different ones.

Maxed Out

I love that wide red newell. Someday I will own a newell, hopefully it's half that nice.

I did find a new senator in my basket of parts  :o

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Yogi_fish808

You can't fool us Ted,
That's the 1 off reel you put together with a combination of parts I'd never have known could fit together. Nice work!