Loose Bridge Stem on the Jigmaster

Started by franky, April 01, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Quote from: Mel B on April 07, 2014, 05:14:09 PM
EXPERIMENTATION IS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO DISCOVER THINGS...

Ain't that the truth! Last week I discovered that a Tib frame doesn't work on a Jigmaster 500S; the top of one of the attachment lugs on the left-side ring protrudes enough on the ring's inner side that it prevents the frame from sitting flush. Grrrr... but, live and learn.  :P

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Easy on the GRRRR! Girl! Your scaring me! :D
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Aiala on April 07, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

Ain't that the truth! Last week I discovered that a Tib frame doesn't work on a Jigmaster 500S; the top of one of the attachment lugs on the left-side ring protrudes enough on the ring's inner side that it prevents the frame from sitting flush. Grrrr... but, live and learn.  :P

~A~

The guts are the same as a 500 so you could get a set of side plates and "fix" your problem.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on April 07, 2014, 08:35:43 PM

~A~

The guts are the same as a 500 so you could get a set of side plates and "fix" your problem.
but they are not as pretty red...

Aiala, I have a bunch of sideplates if you need a set.  Let me know.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I'm going to the shop soon and I'll look at my 500S to see if there is something else that can be done.  BTW, I prefer the older dark maroon side plates.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

I just picked up a Nice 500 with the Maroon side plates. The woman had it listed as a 508, I guess that's why I got it for 25 Bucks! ;D

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

~A~

Aiala, it should work for you, the only problem that I ran into with those is that Tiburon screw holes don't line up with the plate, but if you keep the screws loose and tilt the frame a little as you go, you should be fine. 

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Worked for me too, and I had to leave the screws loose until all were started too.

Mark Twain

franky

Beautiful reels gentlemen!

With all those modifications, I am surprised to see the factory handle with the small torpedo knob.  That knob just puts the "Auwe" on my hands!  :(

Keta

My 500S is normally stock and collects dust on a shelf, I put the frame on it to see what the problem was. 
It will be back to stock tomorrow.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, you shouldn't have shown your blue along with mine, now the Sharker is going to want one for himself ::)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on April 08, 2014, 01:22:17 AM
I put the frame on it to see what the problem was. 
It will be back to stock tomorrow.
Same here, just to help out ;)

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 08, 2014, 01:23:55 AM
Lee, you shouldn't have shown your blue along with mine, now the Sharker is going to want one for himself ::)
Not really Sal. I think if you are going with a Blue frame, You need a Black Reel. Black and Blue. ;)
Life is Good!

Aiala

Well, I still can't figure out how you fellows managed to negate those little protuberances on the left-side ring, but it doesn't matter; I decided to keep my 500S reels in their original classic configuration, and instead followed Mr. Shark's example: I bought another old Jigmaster! (I think that makes eight... ye gods)  :D ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D