Penn SS Series

Started by Shark Hunter, October 04, 2014, 07:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluefish69

All Right  All Right  All Right

Is there any up grades to the 450SS Reel besides Drag Washers & a through cleaning

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

I don't know of any Mike. Mainly just the bigger ones. 650 and up.
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Thanks Daron

That's less work for me.

Mike

Alto Mare

Mike, all my spinners have Octagon carbon washers, including the 450ss...as shown on the left
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Thanks Sal

They will keep me busy for a while

The 6/0 looks good on Daron's Plinth now my Plinth with that pretty Red Handle.

Mike

Alto Mare

A power handle is also a good upgrade on these reels, especially the larger ones... as these 9500ss:

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Those are Nice! Sal!
Where did you get them?
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

I got them from the other side of the pond. Me and Tom exchanged some parts a while back, shipping cost was a killer for both of us.
I requested a few, but gave some away. Two of those reels are spoken for the other two are staying with me, I have a few more used 9500's,  but those four are new with boxes.

Shark Hunter

:'(
I'm up to four myself, but none NIB. ::)
Life is Good!

cwillis85

Those handles look so much nicer than what I have seen avalible,  hopefully Daron can beat on the ones he just got and give a report. Worries me that the ones I have seen all use the SSm handle arms.
Chris

MFB

Anybody know anyone in Germany? If so I would be keen on a couple of these.

http://www.angelgeraete-bode.de/Powerhandle-4

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

Those are the ones Mark. :o
I am not fluent in German. I think I know someone who is. ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: bluefish69 on November 07, 2014, 01:58:22 AM
Thanks Sal

They will keep me busy for a while

The 6/0 looks good on Daron's Plinth now my Plinth with that pretty Red Handle.

Mike
Where are those pictures Mike? Plinthety, Plinth, Plinth, Plinth, Plinth! :D
I got you on those drags buddy. ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Too bad those are not for sale here, they would probably cost us over $60 when all said and done, mine were more reasonable...unless Tom lied to me :-\.
I really like the way they're made, but if the cost would be reasonable, I would still rather have them in stainless steel. I talked about this a while back with Alan C., he should be able to come up with something, but he just has too much going on at the moment. I'm giving him too many projects ;D.

the_reel_doc

Quote from: MFB on November 07, 2014, 06:22:42 AM
Anybody know anyone in Germany? If so I would be keen on a couple of these.

http://www.angelgeraete-bode.de/Powerhandle-4

Rgds

Mark

That's about $40 US. When these first came out they were like $15. Of course, my luck, once I discovered them you could not find them anymore. I've got a couple here somewhere if you want to save trying to get them elsewhere.