Penn SS Series

Started by Shark Hunter, October 04, 2014, 07:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

You're forgetting about shipping charges. it would be around $60 when all said and done.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

the_reel_doc

Yeah, $60 is a little rich for my blood and then add about $10 more for the pivot, collar, and pin. There's one on e-Bay UK for 13 pounds but she only ships to England. I thought I had more than what I did but I've only found one and Sharkhunter got that one. Guess my son may have helped himself to a couple.

Shark Hunter

YES! ;D
I snagged that one in England too. It pays to have connections. ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Servicing my Cherry 8500. Putting in one of Adam's Titanium kits in too. ;)
Life is Good!

bluefish69

What part of the Reel do you put the Chap Stick on???

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

bluefish69

I won't pursue this any further.

Mike 
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Shark Hunter

Look what came in the mail today! Two brand new 9500ss spools and the unobtanium Handle!
Booyah! ;D Thanks Larry. Yet another perk of alantani.com! ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

That is the coolest spinner handle ever.  Well earned!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tightlines666 on November 11, 2014, 05:42:12 AM
That is the coolest spinner handle ever.  Well earned!
I believe you've seen some similar to that before ::) ;D.

Daron, very nice! On mine I gently remove that cheap plastic sticker on the knob, I like it better without, but i'm just crazy ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Do you mean the Penn Emblem! Heaven NO! ;D
Life is Good!

the_reel_doc

Glad I could be of some service. Next time you're down this way we'll have to get together and maybe go out on the boat. I have a shark hole where I use to catch some decent ones but the last few times I went there all I was catching were small ones. Course those suckers are everywhere now. Can't fish the pier any more without having to skim the fish across the top to keep them from getting eaten.

fIsHsTiiCkS

I use mostly conventionals but looking to put together a nice setup like these! I was thinking about a 750ss for about a 40# setup. What do you guys think? Also, what mods would you recommend. I know Adams kit is a must!

Shark Hunter

Brass or bronze gears for sure. They are usually standard with a 750. You can always cut the drags Hexagon shaped too like Sal shows. A power handle to top it off and you'll be set.
The weak link in the Handle pivot. There might be some ss replacements for that.
Life is Good!