this is an inshore trip.

Started by alantani, November 19, 2014, 10:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Lee is right with bringing more than one of each size. After a while I'm guessing the hooks began to dull and switching to a new rig brought the number of hook ups back up.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

sundaytrucka

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Tom McKinney

Quote from: stoked4fishin on May 11, 2015, 04:52:37 AM
I'm hearing the bait situation may be that sardines will be in very limited supply?  If so, will we be needing to make bait?  If so, which sabiki rigs are recommended?

I fished my boat on Tuesday and we bought bait at E. bros. (the same place that supplies the SOA and the other San Diego boats) and it was lots of good sized sardines and even a few macks.  Given that the Long range boats get the best bait, I doubt we (looking to see if I can finagle my way on this trip)  will have a problem with 'chovies.  Of course the problem could be we don't have any chovies and the fish don't want the big dines.

alantani

tom, got your pm.  i will call mike today and see what his son says about the trip. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Porthos

So who needs loaner gear? Alan, are you bringing enough?

I'm ALMOST done with my primary conventional line up of Daiwa Sealines.

Probably in week or so, I can prep some of my reserve gear as loaners...

alantani

i promise to bring all of the rods AND reels!  ;D

Porthos

Quote from: alantani on May 23, 2015, 09:33:31 PM
i promise to bring all of the rods AND reels!  ;D

When are you starting the drive down? I'll text you a reminder 30 mins before... :D

alantani

i'm loading the night before.  anytime is fine!!!  ;D

Tom McKinney

I too can supply loaners.  I just got my list of rods and reels done today.  Somehow a bunch of the old school stuff is going to be left behind.  I have too many nice new reels. If the yft show up in range might need the jigmasters for 30lb bait set ups.