this is an inshore trip.

Started by alantani, November 19, 2014, 10:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

or at least this is how we are starting out.  unless we have a very solid offshore tuna bite, we will be hugging the coastline the entire time..  the idea is to get the maximum amount of fishing time in, even if we have to target those tasty calico bass.  bring those spinners!  the lighter the gear you use, the more likely you will be to catch something big!!!!!!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Porthos

Quote from: alantani on November 19, 2014, 10:27:42 PM...bring those spinners!...

Two Okuma Coronados rebuilt, carbontex-ed, and ready for action as of yesterday.  ;D

Big Tim

Not letting Alan catch all the big fish on a spinner either. Penn Conflict 6000 on a 7' Tsunami Airwave Braid Elite 20-40  ;D ;D ;D

Keta

NICE!

Before I finally admitted funding was not going to happen I did some trading and have a NIB Penn Battle 4000 that I had planned on using on the trip....it came with a new Fathom 25N twospeed and a new Penn Blue Water Carnage spinning rod.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

Quote from: Keta on November 21, 2014, 12:15:45 AM
NICE!

Before I finally admitted funding was not going to happen I did some trading and have a NIB Penn Battle that I had planned on using on the trip....it came with a new Fathom 25N twospeed and a new Penn Blue Water Carnage spinning rod.

;D ;D ;D I really like that 2spd. 25N

Keta

If I can come up with funds I will get on the standby list but the bills from the broken hand, the extra $ I had to come up with to get the F-250 and a few other unexpected hits on my funds forced me to look reality in the eye.  I wish this trip was closer to the $300 that elk camping cost me....anyone need a NIB Winchester Classic Safari Grade 375H&H?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

Lee: I'm spending an extra dollar on the super lotto this week, so if I win your going!!!

Porthos

Going to switch the Fin Nor LT100 from 50lb braid to 100lb braid and put it on a Daiwa STJ70XHFS Saltist Boat Jigging Spinning Rod that I just picked up on Amazon for $61.47.  ;D

Them Mexican calico bass are in for a bad day...  ::)

Keta

The calicos looked like fun but I was having trouble casting with the injured hand.  As soon as I saw Alan's WSB come over the rail I changed gears and got my first one, a fish that has been on my list for years.

Mark Twain

Big Tim

Quote from: Porthos on November 21, 2014, 12:36:19 AM

Them Mexican calico bass are in for a bad day...  ::)

100# braid otta do it ;D ;D ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: Keta on November 21, 2014, 01:03:49 AM
The calicos looked like fun but I was having trouble casting with the injured hand.  As soon as I saw Alan's WSB come over the rail I changed gears and got my first one, a fish that has been on my list for years.

Channel Island Sport fishing is the place to go for WSB & Halibut ....That's where I got my #41 a few years ago..June-July

MarkT

I've got a Stradic 4000 I've been thinking of bringing but I also want to get an 8000 size spinner for poppers and jigs.

I ordered a Penn Battle 6000 which looks to be the size of a Shimano 8000 sized reel. I'll probably put 300yds of 50# spectra on it. Now I just need a rod for it!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Ron Jones

Go get them guys, I won't be around. Lee, I'm certain I'm not in the market, but would you mind PMing me what you want for that rifle?
Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Quote from: noyb72 on November 21, 2014, 09:31:56 AM
...... Lee, I'm certain I'm not in the market, but would you mind PMing me what you want for that rifle?
Thanks
Ron

$1700.... ;D 

I really do not know what it's worth but need to check.

Mark Twain

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D