Raplacing Drags on a Jigmaster

Started by Alto Mare, December 23, 2014, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on January 29, 2015, 08:11:37 PM
Where are you guys getting your shims? I need some for the jigmaster and 113h

I have some .020" (.508mm) keyed shim washers for the 5-500 gear.

The Delrin spring washer really makes the star smooth.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mike1010

Quote from: Black Pearl on January 22, 2015, 01:07:17 AM
I am waiting on the final cost of this kit.

I am hoping this kit will be around $75.00. It will include the 4:1 SS heat treated gear set (with the new design to accept CF drag washers, similar Fathom CF drag washers ), 5 CF drag washers and 5 SS heat treated metal washers.

Yeah, no insert will be needed for this one. This will work in Jigmaster 500 and Senator 112H.

Alan, when do you expect to go forward with these?  Thanks.

Black Pearl

Quote from: mike1010 on February 12, 2015, 07:16:07 PM

I am hoping this kit will be around $75.00. It will include the 4:1 SS heat treated gear set (with the new design to accept CF drag washers, similar Fathom CF drag washers ), 5 CF drag washers and 5 SS heat treated metal washers.

Yeah, no insert will be needed for this one. This will work in Jigmaster 500 and Senator 112H.

I don't have the ETA yet. We are measuring out inner ears. We should have few  testing samples for Sal by end of this month.
Thanks,
Alan

Bryan Young

Quote from: Black Pearl on February 14, 2015, 02:47:46 AM

I don't have the ETA yet. We are measuring out inner ears. We should have few  testing samples for Sal by end of this month.
Thanks,
Alan

Alan, do you need a drawing of my drag washers to make sure that they fit?

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 14, 2015, 03:42:04 AM
Quote from: Black Pearl on February 14, 2015, 02:47:46 AM

Thanks,
Alan

Alan, do you need a drawing of my drag washers to make sure that they fit?

Bryan
No, because metal washer's dimension will not be the same as the original. We are re-designed the ID dimension.
Thanks,
Alan

Alto Mare

Come on with those gears, I have a half dozen Jigmasters opened on a tray waiting for their transmissions ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 14, 2015, 05:18:05 PM
Come on with those gears, I have a half dozen Jigmasters opened on a tray waiting for their transmissions ;D.

Hold them up, I still owe Alan T for the last gear sleeves I had to have.... ;D.

These gears should really make the Jigmaster and 112H reels powerhouses.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

You may need to trade him some SS dogs.  :)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Mark Twain

Reel 224

Quote from: Keta on February 14, 2015, 06:00:31 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on February 14, 2015, 05:56:47 PM
You may need to trade him some SS dogs.  :)

Wow!  That's a good idea.... :D

Keta My wife loves your Cat, she comments every time she sees it. "How Cute" ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

George4741

Quote from: Reel 224 on March 10, 2015, 07:20:59 PM

Keta My wife loves your Cat, she comments every time she sees it. "How Cute" ;D

Let's hope PETA doesn't get after KETA for animal abuse. ::)  I imagine they would think he really allows his cat to drink alcohol. ;D
Lee, until I saw your photos, I would never have thought of you as a cat person.  You're alright, buddy.
George
viurem lliures o morirem