Penn Peer 309

Started by Alto Mare, March 01, 2015, 01:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: txangler81 on March 09, 2015, 05:12:55 AM
How sick would that look with a red anodized spool :o

The candy apple red WSB 112hn kit tiburon has would look amazing on this reel!

coastal_dan

Looking forward to pictures!  Fun thread with some seriously generous folks.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Newell Nut

We finally got the weather right for a Saturday trip which is the only day that Laura the nurse can fish. The reel was delivered and she is very thrilled and  thankful for Sal's generosity. I will get another picture at the end of the day with fish.

Alto Mare

Haha! awesome picture Dwight, thanks for posting. Laura, that combination looks very good on you ;D, I hope you get lots of enjoyment from it. Good luck with it!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

That is totally awesome.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Great work, guys --

That is how it is done around here...

Folks with a passion -- helping others to expand and develop that same passion.

Well done...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on March 21, 2015, 03:55:32 PM
Great work, guys --

That is how it is done around here...

Folks with a passion -- helping others to expand and develop that same passion.

Well done...

Best,

Fred
X2 folks.  Thanks for your generosity.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Newell Nut

Just got these emailed from the boat. Looks like a homerun out of the part boys.

Alto Mare

Nice!!!, it's official, that gear can catch some fish...love it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Nice work Dwight et. al.!

The matte marbled finish appears to match that of the rod quite  nicely.

Astute observers will note all of boat's rods have that 'Newell Nut'/'Mango Man' signature look, and the reels are all in perfect working order.  When fishermen on this head boat lose a fish, they are going to be hard-pressed to place the blame on the gear.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Good Job Sal and Dwight! Its nice to see the Generosity in action. ;D
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

The jackpot winner today was a nice cobia caught on one of my new blue boat rods and a long beach 65.

Here we have retired Captain Al Coley with 3 disciples learning the ropes of saltwater fishing.

LauraS

SAL.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the reel. Thank you sooooooo very much!!!  You rock 🎣🎣🎣😊😊😊💜💜💜

Alto Mare

You are very welcomed Laura, I'm glad you like it.
From the looks of that last picture you've posted, I say you had a great day...I'm glad.
I'm also glad you've joined us and I'll take this opportunity to welcome you to our wonderful site.
If there is anything that you need help with, please don't hesitate to ask, me or anyone else here would be happy to help you.
Enjoy your stay with us.

Sal

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!