Penn Peer 309

Started by Alto Mare, March 01, 2015, 01:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I was looking on line and this reel caught my eyes

Although not crazy about painted plates, I realized that the seller did this reel out of personal satisfaction and not for money.
The reel had to be completely stripped down. he also replaced  the drags, new clamp and when you add the paint and a couple of coats of clear coat, I know he had to lose money on it.
I purchase this reel because I appreciated his effort and besides, it looks cool. I got it for less than $40 shipped to me.
Enjoy!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

pretty. I'll take a serviced 309 for $40 all day.

harryk3616

a nice addition to your collection, enjoy

Newell Nut

Your feminine side is coming out buddy. ;D Great deal. I did a black and pink marble on a rod for a nurse a few months ago and put a standard 309 on it for her. She would love that painted reel on it.

Aiala

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 01, 2015, 06:46:23 PM
Your feminine side is coming out buddy. ;D Great deal. I did a black and pink marble on a rod for a nurse a few months ago and put a standard 309 on it for her. She would love that painted reel on it.

Mr. NNut sent me a pic of that lady's custom rod... it is eye-catching indeed! Look how it matches Sal's reel:

Is that bodacious, or what??   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 01, 2015, 06:46:23 PM
Way too much hair on my chest to be feminine bud, not that there is anything wrong with that ;) ;D
Quote from: Aiala on March 01, 2015, 07:59:09 PM

Mr. NNut sent me a pic of that lady's custom rod... it is eye-catching indeed! Look how it matches Sal's reel:

Is that bodacious, or what??   :D

~A~
Aiala, is that your rod?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 01, 2015, 08:12:15 PM
Aiala, is that your rod?

Sal, nope, Dwight designed it for a lucky lady friend of his.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Definitely Different. I like it. ;D
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

If Dwight didn't do the side plates then the coincidence is uncanny.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Dwight show her the reel, if she likes it I'll send it to her, or I'll send it to you and you handle it.

txangler81

Sal that is a beautiful reel. The fact that you would be willing to give it to someone you have never met is a great example of the limitless kindness and generosity that flows through this entire website.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 01, 2015, 10:15:07 PM
Dwight show her the reel, if she likes it I'll send it to her, or I'll send it to you and you handle it.
Sal
I will send the pic and I am sure she will go ga ga over it. Your offer is very generous but a swap of reels would be better in my opinion. I have a like new one in my desk that was the great lakes area.
Laura is a RN and she is a fishing nut and calls fishing her therapy. She has been great to have on the boat on Saturdays for emergencies with the tourist. The last trip that we were out the galley girl had over slept so Laura pitched in and cooked while I managed the drinks and the register.

Thanks Sal
Dwight

Alto Mare

No Dwight hold on to your reel. Tell Laura this one is on me, all I want is a photo posted here with your rod and my reel and hopefully a fish from Laura, but not a must.
I will get it out to you in a day or two, I'm not sure i'm going anywhere tomorrow, its a sheet of ice everywhere....rough winter this year ::).

foakes

Hey Sal & Dwight --

Since you are giving that reel away to a good home -- I would suggest a black knob for the handle.

Every other color I can think of that Penn has -- with the possible exception of red -- is too much of a clash.

The ivory handle doesn't do anything for the reel and Rod, IMO.

Either a 24-66, 24-56, or one of the good aftermarket power handles in black or red -- would go well, I believe.

If you guys do not have one -- I could donate a 24-66 in black.  Do not have the other 2 mentioned in good condition.

Let me know, and I can send it out, if desired.

Best,

Fred

SORRY, SCRATCH MY DONATION -- just noticed a crack in the knob.

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Thank you for the offer Fred. Now that you did mention the handle color, I do have a few. I will check with them prior of shipping.

Sal