Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Quote from: mikeysm on December 21, 2015, 11:01:51 PM
I am doing a Albacore special. Tiburon frame and spool. Black Pearls gears, double dog break plate and hardware and second generation stainless gear sleeve. Bryan's 5.1 drags. The rest I found here and there. You can build a reel and never leave this forum if you want to.

Hi Mike,

You might want to return the gear set because my pinion gear will not fit the Tiburon spool. The diameter is larger. Please send it back and I will refund back to you.

Thanks,
--Alan

Alto Mare

Quote from: anglingarchitect on December 21, 2015, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on December 19, 2015, 07:38:02 PM
All matching Fred. Handles would be from Adam, knob probably silver aluminum, not concerned about matching those.
By the way, I tried to fool you guys with that green spool here is the real pic ;D

Sal

Where do you get matching spools, frames, and clamps,from?
Ok, I'm starting to get a few PM's so here it goes.
The matching spools are very hard to get, the red spools are out there, but are not easy to find. If you do find one expect to dish out $60 to $80 for one.
The silver spool above is a testing spool from Back Pearl, that one is raw, not anodized, I have it here because I do lots of testing for Alan. As I told you guys earlier,  we have guys that could get anything done for us, as Alan, Tom, Doc and a few others.
Silver is also out there, but agaiin, very hard to find.
I  happen to have one of a kind custom silver spool

This one is the real deal and was sold to me at a very good price by Randy, from Vintage Tackle a while back.
Thanks again Randy.
so there you have it.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Tom

I received my 2 sets of plates today. They are so pretty, I just can't wait for the rest of the parts. You do some great work

Thanks

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Rancanfish

I mounted my plates on a gold Accurate 501 frame tonight.  Boy,  I drove myself crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't get the Allen head screws into the bridge, lol.  

Just so there is no mystery for anyone else, you must use your original bridge screws.  I had the hand cramp of all hand cramps holding it tight while trying to turn that darn little Allen wrench.  ;D ;D

I did not scratch anything.

What a sweet reel now. Steel gear, 5 stack, SS gear sleeve and a Kolekar handle.  A double dog bridge will be added later with a SS eccentric and yoke.  Should last forever.   Thanks, TOM!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

This is all nice, but you need to take photo guys and don't tell me you don't know how, if I could, so could you ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Yogi_fish808

If any are still available I'd like 2 sets. 1 Green, 1 Black and both with knurled bearing cups. Aloha!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 22, 2015, 10:43:41 AM
This is all nice, but you need to take photo guys and don't tell me you don't know how, if I could, so could you ;D
Sal,
All our members are not as computer Savvy as you. ;)
Give them time, they will come. I'm just too busy right now.
I only purchased one Black set. I'm getting in a little over my head with all the inserts and members reels.
Mine will be used on the super wide Jigmaster 338.
Yogi,
I haven't forgotten about those gears. I'm just getting too busy for my britches. ;D
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 22, 2015, 10:56:52 AM
Sal,
All our members are not as computer Savvy as you. ;)
Give them time, they will come. I'm just too busy right now.
I only purchased one Black set. I'm getting in a little over my head with all the inserts and members reels.
Mine will be used on the super wide Jigmaster 338.
Yogi,
I haven't forgotten about those gears. I'm just getting too busy for my britches. ;D
No Daron, you got the wrong guy. I said if I could do it, so could they.  I'm not that good with this stuff.
Mike has been here 8 months longer than I have, even if he doesn't know how to, I'm sure someone at the house could help.
But I get it, as myself, he probably doesn't want Mrs. Solomon  finding out what he's been buying ;D

bluefish69

Sal

Ask Dominick about me with my Computer & pictures. He spent over a hour on the phone with me. I will bug him again when I make a few changes. I did tell her this morning what the 2 sets of plates cost. She never even blinked.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Rancanfish

There you go Sal.  Sideways!  That's why I don't post pics.

This was actually the first time I was able to use my Chromebook to post a pic.  Ever.

Sal, feel free to mess with the pic if you can.  Between my older bro and wife we taught me a new way to post a pic. I'll explain;
1) Take the pic with Iphone.
2) Email it to my gmail account.
3) Open email and save.
4) Open this AT.com thread post.
5) Hit modify post, then additional options.
6) Choose file, Add pic link.  Then hit post.
7) Thumbs up in front of Hot tub enclosure fence I made up.

steelhead_killer

What is everyone doing with the clicker hole on these plates.  I am looking at my 501 and the clicker assembly does not look removable or am I missing something, which I may add is frequently!   :D

Thanks!
><)))">

Rancanfish

There's a clicker assembly in the parts bag that came with it.

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Maxed Out

Nice pic Randy, someday I may do pics too !!

After I assembled a cortez conversion jigmaster I noticed the shift lever was not flush with the plate, in fact it pointed away from the plate a bit, so I used a shift lever off a del mar and that shift lever hugs the plate much nicer, as those Delmar shift levers have a slight bend, same as the long beach 60 & 65.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

ok folks we have seen exactly one reel, which is outstanding. if you people can can get a Beachmaster AR spring in you can figure out how to post pics. Let's see them!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I still cheat on pics and have yet to figure out how to host :) :) :)