Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Posting pictures, I followed the instructions on this site and it work great!
1.  Sign up for a photobucket account
2.  Upload the pictures to photobucket
3.  Copy the .img link on the right while viewing your picture in photobucket
4.  Paste it in the new message on this site
done. 
><)))">

Rancanfish

Ted, that is great info.  I noticed the same thing right away.  The nylon insert keeps it off the surface a bit.

I'm not familiar with the Delmar so I'm going to have to do some searching to look at it.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Rancanfish on December 22, 2015, 05:36:21 PM
Ted, that is great info.  I noticed the same thing right away.  The nylon insert keeps it off the surface a bit.

I'm not familiar with the Delmar so I'm going to have to do some searching to look at it.

Ha ha, you're batting 1,000 today Randy, that's the 2nd successful pic you posted.............and thanks to Sal, I see the light !! Here is my first ever posted pic !!

The long beach 60 & 65 have same slight bend on the shift lever....any one of them will work as well.   The old style picture plate long beach 60 & 65 had flat shift lever, so make sure its from the LB with the curved plate (1951 & up).

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Rancanfish on December 22, 2015, 04:39:50 PM
There you go Sal.  Sideways!  That's why I don't post pics.

This was actually the first time I was able to use my Chromebook to post a pic.  Ever.

Sal, feel free to mess with the pic if you can.  Between my older bro and wife we taught me a new way to post a pic. I'll explain;
1) Take the pic with Iphone.
2) Email it to my gmail account.
3) Open email and save.
4) Open this AT.com thread post.
5) Hit modify post, then additional options.
6) Choose file, Add pic link.  Then hit post.
7) Thumbs up in front of Hot tub enclosure fence I made up.
You're doing good Randy ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

Thanks Sal!  You motivated me to do a how-to on the Cortez side plates assembly, which I posted in Tom's area.

Unfortunately I could not get it to post active pics.  There is a live link but it would be better if it was just there, if you know what I mean.  ???

Maxed Out

Here is a shot of the nicer fit using Delmar or long beach shift lever. It looks like its close to rubbing, but it has plenty of clearance.

steelhead_killer

Very nice!  Good job!

Quote from: Max Doubt on December 22, 2015, 05:55:39 PM
Quote from: Rancanfish on December 22, 2015, 05:36:21 PM

Ha ha, you're batting 1,000 today Randy, that's the 2nd successful pic you posted.............and thanks to Sal, I see the light !! Here is my first ever posted pic !!

The long beach 60 & 65 have same slight bend on the shift lever....any one of them will work as well.   The old style picture plate long beach 60 & 65 had flat shift lever, so make sure its from the LB with the curved plate (1951 & up).

Ted
><)))">

sdlehr

Curious why you would replace the eccentric lever with another model rather than put a little bend in the Jigmaster lever already present. Why would that not be the preferred solution???
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Rancanfish

Sid, both are viable solutions I'm sure.

Maxed Out

Quote from: sdlehr on December 22, 2015, 11:43:25 PM
Curious why you would replace the eccentric lever with another model rather than put a little bend in the Jigmaster lever already present. Why would that not be the preferred solution???

Its all personal preference Sid, I have tried putting a bend in a straight shift lever, and it never looks pretty. If it were a $30 reel I wouldn't worry about it, but after a fair investment in all the new precision components, adding a $2 factory curved shifter is not an issue for me.

sdlehr

Quote from: Max Doubt on December 23, 2015, 12:03:25 AM
Quote from: sdlehr on December 22, 2015, 11:43:25 PM

Its all personal preference Sid, I have tried putting a bend in a straight shift lever, and it never looks pretty. If it were a $30 reel I wouldn't worry about it, but after a fair investment in all the new precision components, adding a $2 factory curved shifter is not an issue for me.

I suppose I would be more quick to replace with another if I had any already bent in the house that weren't already busy....  I do not. It didn't occur to me to do anything other than bend it. Different strokes for different folks.... The one on my Jigmaster was a 21-66, but was straight. Go figure. I probably bent it back to the way it once was.
Sid Lehr

twotone

Here are my Cortez JigMaster bullets! With all the goodies. Well almost, maybe some more handles and knobs. 3 down 1 YellowFin Spl to go, along with assembling the donor reels to stock condition. When I get their big bother put together, I'll use PhotoBucket so the pics aren't sideways and to save space for the server. Thanks for all your help (parts, tutorials, and for the motivation from this site).!

Merry Christmas!
twotone

foakes

Hey Sid, Ted, Tom, Randy, and others --

If anyone gets stuck and needs an eccentric shift lever -- I have an assortment in most sizes.

Lots of 21s.

Let me know -- and I will mail them out.

N/C --

Some are straight, some have a bend, some longer, some shorter -- most are new.

Many parts on Penns are interchangeable between models.  On the 21s -- most are unique to that reel.

I generally try to put on the best fit.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

Wow Fred, that's a heck of a lot of "leverage".....you win !!

Here is another Cortez masterpiece......Aluminum frames are the cats meow, but sexy comes in many different shapes and forms.

sdlehr

Thanks, Fred. I want to come work on your bench.
Sid Lehr