What is your favorite braided line color?

Started by Black Pearl, November 24, 2011, 04:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

I am working on a braided line project. I found a premium quality fiber material for braided fishing line in Japan, and I brought it to a very high respect China factory to have it made it in a premium quality braided line. It has been little over a year, those testing lines have been performing very well. Therefore, I decided to make 50,000M = 54,500 yards in one color first. That is the reason I want to know what is a popular color.

Orange
Green
Blue
White
Pink
Yellow

Your input will really help me on it. If your choice is other, please pick one color from the following.

alantani

for a single color, white would be safest.  45 and 51 would be my next choices.  i like the camo braid from spiderwire. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

27 - That looks like the color of Tuf-line XP.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

wallacewt

in oz 27 very popular and multi every 10m

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Panama

I use white or red. #37 looks like an interesting shade of green
Anthony
Get on the water, Man!!!

RWS

The best selling color is Green, Brown, Blue, Red, I see a solid Black I wonder if that would sell ??? I use Tracer Braid, maybe a different color then Berkley Tracer Braid.

Alto Mare

Does the wnner get a spool of 3500yds-130lb ;D?
I like 13 and 46.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

akfish

White. You can see it when live bait fishing. Also, all of the other colors come off and fade. Yellow is especially bad that way. Get white.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

coastalobsession

I only use FINS braided line. IMO its one of the best if not the best braided line on the market. It is also made in the US and their costumer service is one of the best I have seen from a fishing tackle company. I mostly fish inshore and use the wind tamer in 40lb so it does not dig in. For offshore the stretch or prt is what I use. I fish the pink or green. I will try the xs soon and give a review on it. Color dosent really matter as long as you use a flourish carbon leader jointed by a Albright, uni to uni or a Bimini twist
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

Alto Mare

Some say that color does matter, they say that a red or orange color becomes invisable under water. I can't confirm that...i"m still not able to look out of the fish eyes :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Irish Jigger

I prefer white as it's very visible and easily untangled when boat fishing with anglers most of whom use  green braid in this part of the World.

broadway

I have to agree with Ak and Jigger on the white. The yellow power pro died the fiberglass PERMANENTLY on my last boat on the gunnels under where the outrodders where positioned for trolling :(  I have white Jerry Brown on now and love how smooth it is.
Dom

mackereljoe

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 24, 2011, 04:22:44 PM
Some say that color does matter, they say that a red or orange color becomes invisable under water. I can't confirm that...i"m still not able to look out of the fish eyes :-\.

Colors fade and change as the light is filtered through water, Red is the first color to to lose its reflected light in the light spectrum... 
Any where from 3 to 30 ft deep depending on how clear the water is....

Now,  when that color is no longer reflected in the Spectrum.. 
The Pigment still shows as BLACK (no reflected color)....

Me...  If I was to try and outguess the nature of color and light spectrum and a fishes ability to see colors at all.....

I would go with a Blue or green...   
Thinking (with minimal equipment to think at all)..
That it is a closer match to the water color, algae & seaweed etc (natural occurring vegetation) and less likely to be seen....??????

Will we ever know for sure????     

Happy Turkey day!!!!!   Dont eat to much....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!