Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Tile on May 13, 2020, 11:59:26 PM
Or how about another curve ball: 1/3 frame for the 209 and 309 reels. These are still in production and are set to be kept in production for a long time

That's an interesting idea Tile!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 14, 2020, 01:44:20 AM
Randy, is there a no marking option?

Randy, I'm sure that Tiburon can run a frame for you with no graphics if I remember to remind them right before they are doing the graphics.

Is that how you want yours done?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rocket Dog on May 14, 2020, 03:10:23 AM
Any chance to make one fit the Baja 113HN side plates with the matching spool??? I'd take two.

Jose, the Baja Special spool assembly is very different from the standard Senator and would require significant engineering work, so Tiburon would require a 50 kit minimum order, which would mean a larger investment than I am ready to make at the moment.

Rancanfish

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 14, 2020, 06:44:18 AM

Randy, I'm sure that Tiburon can run a frame for you with no graphics if I remember to remind them right before they are doing the graphics.

Yes please.

And I like the Baja idea for the future.  With the Cortez bridge...A super reel is born.  I'm in for two.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Rocket Dog

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 14, 2020, 06:48:40 AM
Quote from: Rocket Dog on May 14, 2020, 03:10:23 AM
Any chance to make one fit the Baja 113HN side plates with the matching spool??? I'd take two.

Jose, the Baja Special spool assembly is very different from the standard Senator and would require significant engineering work, so Tiburon would require a 50 kit minimum order, which would mean a larger investment than I am ready to make at the moment.

That is a lot to float until they all are sold off.... Thank you for all of your hard work to make these kits possible for us. Hopefully we can see one in the future if the demand materializes.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Jose.  Between you and Randy, that's 4 kits, which is a good start.  It would be one hell of a reel.

steelfish

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 14, 2020, 02:27:33 PM
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 14, 2020, 06:44:18 AM

Yes please.

And I like the Baja idea for the future.  With the Cortez bridge...A super reel is born.  I'm in for two.

hmm a XN Baja Special kit, sounds interesting, I will be keeping an eye on this one, I have enough parts to build me a 2nd baja special, but the frame have lots of corrosion, so this idea of the XN kit could be the solution.
The Baja Guy

Swami805

I'd be in for a XN baja special. Shocking I know since I've bought every XN you've done so far, haha. Keep em coming Randy and thanks for doing it.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Ron Jones

I don't know why Penn won't make an X-Narrow Baja Senator. I know it isn't there most popular line, but it would be an easy mod and probably become the most proffitable model.

As far as the T4XN, put me on the list.

Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

sabaman1

Randy, would it be possible to drill and tap the frame  on right side head plate side to accomodate moving the gear box forward and the eccentric would move back similiar to jigmaster eccentric lever placement? That would be for a 113hxn. Just a thought!
JIM

xjchad

Quote from: sabaman1 on May 14, 2020, 08:02:14 PM
Randy, would it be possible to drill and tap the frame  on right side head plate side to accomodate moving the gear box forward and the eccentric would move back similiar to jigmaster eccentric lever placement? That would be for a 113hxn. Just a thought!

Only problem is the harness lugs wouldn't line up.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you for the suggestion Jim.  I agree that it would be nice to have the lever closer to your thumb, and it might be worth considering for future projects, but Tiburon is letting me slide with a much smaller run than they would normally allow and I don't want to throw a curveball at them this time. 

sabaman1

Quote from: xjchad on May 14, 2020, 08:15:36 PM

Only problem is the harness lugs wouldn't line up

Yea, I just tried it and realized the lug issue, but I and maybe others would like a lugless frame. On the party party boats and overnighters I fish on I've never had the use for lugs on the 113h style reels. Never had to wear a harness to strap into lugs even. I do realize that the Penn logo on bakelite plates would be off kilt. But if you use Toms new style side plates its no problem. Also I realize that this is an extra expense but when have most of us cared about that anyhow? IMHO!
JIM

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

sabaman1

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 14, 2020, 08:29:00 PM

Thank you for the suggestion Jim.  I agree that it would be nice to have the lever closer to your thumb, and it might be worth considering for future projects, but Tiburon is letting me slide with a much smaller run than they would normally allow and I don't want to throw a curveball at them this time. 
Randy, could Tiburon make some reversible lugs for the 113hxn kits to go along with them? As I myself would purchase several extra sets of lugs for all my other reels also.
JIM