Stainless Gear Set for 113H

Started by redsetta, January 09, 2012, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Hi guys, I split this subject from the original to focus more on the stainless gear sets as the discussion to a tangent on it's own.

Alan and I talked about this last night, and the possibilities.  It's unlikely that Accurate will bite as they are now established and are busy with the manufacturing of their own line of reels and have moved away from upgrading/modifying other manufacture's reels.  Based on rumors, we are also not sure about Newell gears as well.  There are still options that we will need to explore.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I'd buy one set for sure and depending on the price and funding 1 or 2 more.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

If you can get him to make some 3.25:1 for the 114H at a good price, I'm sure that me and Dom are in for a dozen each...or more.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 11, 2012, 07:19:02 PM
If you can get him to make some 3.25:1 for the 114H at a good price, I'm sure that me and Dom are in for a dozen each...or more.

I'd probably take 3 sets.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

seaeagle2

Quote from: broadway on December 31, 2011, 07:12:59 PM
I'll be speaking to Rush and a few others next week, and will certainly keep you guys posted on my findings.
Dom
I'm hoping this will bring good news, I'm eagerly awaiting an update.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Bryan Young

Quote from: VW on January 10, 2012, 11:44:28 PM
I would definitely be in for some 114H, probably some 113H. 
Didn't you just sell some for the 113H?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

I'm waiting for a phone call back for a week now... looks like I'll be calling back this week.
Keep yas posted,
Dom

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

We got a call out and waiting to hear back as well.

broschro

Quote from: Keta on January 11, 2012, 04:28:44 PM
I'd buy one set for sure and depending on the price and funding 1 or 2 more.
JUST GOT A SET OFF E BAY FOR 70.00 HOPE THEY MESH,ANY WORD ON THE DOG'S

Bryan Young

Looks like we are bidding against each other on some of these items. 

broadway

That's part of the game on ebay!  ... my brother and his wife bid against each other 2 months ago on a battery charger... I couldn't stop laughing!
You really can't do anything about it except be diligent on the items you want, and get ready to buck up.
Dom

Dominick

If you want something on Ebay, just bid $5,000.00.  You'll be sure to win it.  Funny how ebay says you win it.  Bull you buy it sometimes at a decent price and sometimes at an outlandish price, but it is fun.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 15, 2012, 04:18:12 PM
Looks like we are bidding against each other on some of these items. 
Hey Bryan, were you bidding? I wasn't.

suitekids

3 sets here!! and 2 sets of 114H aswell