Stainless Gear Set for 113H

Started by redsetta, January 09, 2012, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Albert,
    I appreciate the thought process you're going with, but we aren't talking 50 to 100. I can't even entertain the price of 50-100 cause at those quantities we're looking at between 150 and 350 per set :o
I'm looking at much higher numbers :-\
I eluded to the ball park numbers in my last post... 5-10 bucks higher than the current "competition."
I can't tell you the differences because I don't want my thoughts to be used by anyone else before I can make a decision if this is doable or not. If I'm unable to produce the gears I will post my thoughts so others can try to have them made.
Thanks for the advice,
Dom
Ps- I also found out that depending on the manufacturer's machines -the cost to make spur and helical gears may be negligible. The manufacturer that I've been speaking to charges no more or less for helicals... Strange but true!

Keta

It's expensive to set up and run small lots, thankfully the water cutter puts my jobs in between his real work and will cut one piece.  The main road block for me was the minim number and funding.....I'm also clueless as to how many and how fast they will sell.

Take a good look at these gears, they are a complicated piece and not something that can be made cheaply.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Black Pearl

Hi all,

I was able to have my resource to make a 113H 4.0:1 with helical cut gear set. It will be a very precision cutting set. At this moment, there are 2 options on the stainless steel material. They are 303 or 316. It seems that the 304 material hardness, which is selling on Ebay by someone, is at 2-3 degree. The 303's hardness will be 7-9 degree.

As you all might know that the difference between 303 and 316 will be beside pricing. For me, I have decided to go with the SUS 316 for this gear set. Since I do not really want to burn a hole in anyone's pocket, and I want everyone to have a high quality material gear for our beloved PENN 113H, I will be able to sell this SUS 316 gear in $48.00 when it is ready. I will offer this price to Alan Tani's website USA member only. For outside USA member, the price will be $48.00 + actually shipping by USPS First Class International + $1.00 for PayPal service fee. I will offer this gear set into other website as well (theHullTruth), but it will be in $55.00. Then, it will be $59.95 on Ebay.

Finally, I just want to make point that I am not looking for to make a whole lot of money from this gear set. I do it because I know it is a right thing to do (not everyone can afford a $80.00 or $90.00 high quality SUS 316 gear set).

I will have few pictures ready in a week or two.

By the way, this gear set is made in Taiwan.

You can pre-order this gear set by adding your order quantity in the following thread in this site.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6259.0

Cone

I'll take a set to try when you have them ready. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Black Pearl

Quote from: Black Pearl Fishing Tackle on January 21, 2013, 03:55:50 PM
Hi all,

I was able to have my resource to make a 113H 4.0:1 with helical cut gear set. It will be a very precision cutting set. At this moment, there are 2 options on the stainless steel material. They are 303 or 316. It seems that the 304 material hardness, which is selling on Ebay by someone, is at 2-3 degree. The 303's hardness will be 7-9 degree.

As you all might know that the difference between 303 and 316 will be beside pricing. For me, I have decided to go with the SUS 316 for this gear set. Since I do not really want to burn a hole in anyone's pocket, and I want everyone to have a high quality material gear for our beloved PENN 113H, I will be able to sell this SUS 316 gear in $48.00 when it is ready. I will offer this price to Alan Tani's website USA member only. I will offer this gear set into other website as well (theHullTruth), but it will be in $55.00. Then, it will be $59.95 on Ebay.

Finally, I just want to make point that I am not looking for to make a whole lot of money from this gear set. I do it because I know it is a right thing to do (not everyone can afford a $80.00 or $90.00 high quality SUS 316 gear set).

I will have few pictures ready in a week or two.

Hi,

I would like to make it more strictly that this deal ($48.00 per set) is only for Alan Tani's website USA member only (For outside USA member, the price will be $48.00 + actually shipping by USPS First Class International + $1.00 for PayPal service fee.) , therefore, if any member would like to purchase this 316 Stainless Steel main and pinion gear set,
you can pre-order this gear set by adding your order quantity in the following thread in this site.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6259.0.

I will reserve your purchase. Once they are ready, I will let you all know at once. There will be no payment required until the gear set is ready to ship.

I believe that this product will be able to ship out on March 2013.

If you have any questions, you can drop me an IM.

Thanks,
--Alan